The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Diplomat Aero - Simply Terrific

diplomat diplomat aero aero

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Simon Pen-Pusher

Simon Pen-Pusher

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 17:06

Last month, after about a month's regular use of the new Diplomat Aero fountain pen and ballpoint, I wrote a review.

In summary it's a terrific new model from this excellent German maker of all metal larger format fountain pens. They are now a favourite for me. I thoroughly recommend the Aero as you'll see in my review.

While released later in 2013, the Aero could not be found easily here in Australia. The dealers were a bit slow off the mark. But now it's readily available. 

This is a pen you have to see in-store to really appreciate how good it looks and how superbly made and finished it is.

Diplomat Aero Cap Off.jpg

(image by Diplomat)

My review is located at: 

http://www.fountainp...lity-gets-style

Cheers.

Simon

The best pen you own is the pen in your hand now.

http://www.fountainpenbiz.com

Sponsored Content

#2 The Blue Knight

The Blue Knight

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 17:21

Book marked your blog seems like a good read.

#3 Montblanc owner and lover

Montblanc owner and lover

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 17:21

Glad to see diplomat still exist...was such a long time i didn't hear of them i thought it was over.
Nice review thanks.

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too... Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F. Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

#4 PDW

PDW

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,231 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 19:06

Just finishing my first cartridge with my Aero.

Lovely pen - literally a head-turner amongst colleagues. But the 'F' nib is actually a very wet medium, so I'll be looking at my dryest inks for the next fill.

Oh, and the cap needs a good pull to remove it.

Edited by PDW, 30 April 2015 - 19:07.

#5 Morbus Curiositas

Morbus Curiositas

Inkoholic

• Member - Gold

• 1,150 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2015 - 19:23

Nice pen nice revie nice website

I hav two excellence A with medium nibs.....

Steel but so smooth

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism  :) 

#6 The Blue Knight

The Blue Knight

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 May 2015 - 19:42

Nice pen nice revie nice website

I hav two excellence A with medium nibs.....

Steel but so smooth

Got one myself a few months ago the Excellence A Carya and an Aero pencil for that matter, I really do like the excellence the nib has just the right amount of feedback. Looking to hopefully own a gold nib nibbed one in the next year hopefully the Excellence A Venezia in the darker grey finish. Which two do you have?   

#7 httpmom

httpmom

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2015 - 21:03

Last month, after about a month's regular use of the new Diplomat Aero fountain pen and ballpoint, I wrote a review.

In summary it's a terrific new model from this excellent German maker of all metal larger format fountain pens. They are now a favourite for me. I thoroughly recommend the Aero as you'll see in my review.

While released later in 2013, the Aero could not be found easily here in Australia. The dealers were a bit slow off the mark. But now it's readily available. 

This is a pen you have to see in-store to really appreciate how good it looks and how superbly made and finished it is.

attachicon.gifDiplomat Aero Cap Off.jpg

(image by Diplomat)

My review is located at: 

http://www.fountainp...lity-gets-style

Cheers.

Thank you so much for this. You helped make a decision for me...the pen looks so terrific...I was drawn to it immediately and now I know it performs just as well as it looks...or as some would say..."we dance just as good as we walk."

Also I LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! you website and blog. So glad I took a trip over there.

"You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger darling.” "Forever optimistic with a theme and purpose." "My other pen is oblique and dippy."

#8 Aramchek

Aramchek

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2015 - 10:50

I've loved the design of that model ever since I saw it. Unfortunately, my only current Diplomat (a diplomat Excellence) has a ridiculously broad F nib and I'm not that keen on how it writes. I'll consider it only if they release it with an EF nib.

STR:12 DEX: 5 CON:7 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3 Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

#9 Scribble Monboddo

Scribble Monboddo

Not-so-serious nibbage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:59

We've just given this the full team review at United Inkdom, including the new black finish and the gold-nibbed-version.  It comes out pretty well!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diplomat, diplomat aero, aero

Sponsored Content

|