The Periodic Table Of Pen Snobbery

Fabienne

We need one. From the lofty Montblanc 149 down to the humble Jinhao (OK, so Jinhao has gone highhat {and 'pimped out'} on us) the humble Free Noodler's Eyedropper which comes with HOD. Help fill in the blanks so that others may know their place.

1. MontBlanc 149

x. The Free Noodler's eyedropper which comes with HOD

x-1. A pointed stick.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LisaN

• Fabienne

• Mercian

• como

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're comparing it to a periodic table shouldn't the lower numbers be the common readily available elements pens? ;)

1. A pointed stick.

2. The Free Platinum eyedropper which comes with HOD

x. MontBlanc 149

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

How about a different more logical approach using atomic number-77 (iridium) as the GOAT pen. Then put the unstable / pens that fall apart in the unstable elements realm.

I'm pretty sure a Montblanc 146 with a broad nib is fairly high on the list. :)

The Indian ebonite eyedroppers can be in the noble gas column.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Hi

I would have though the MB 149 should be somewhere around the middle to lower third of the table not at the top, I have one so it can't be that snobbish to own one :)

The Pelikan M1000 should also be on the table somewhere and so should the CS Churchill even though they don't get much use because of its known problems ;)

I would also think some of Sheaffers offerings might find a place as well, even if quite low down, Oversize Balance and Lifetime Flat tops, PFM and their Legacy 1 & 2

This could end up being a huge list though as there are so many excellent pens out there, including many that have just a snobbish value to them because of their makers name and nothing else.

What makes a snobbish to own pen, is it just the asking price?

Paul

On a purely personal note, I can never see why the MB149 is often put at the top of anything.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Hi,

I'd put the Limited Edition Lamy Pink Safari at '0' - the MB149 is not an LE. :rolleyes:

Bye,

S1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

On a purely personal note, I can never see why the MB149 is often put at the top of anything.

Well, it has been asked for snobbery. The 149 surely has deserved the top place this time.

Greetings,

Michael

Well, it has been asked for snobbery. The 149 surely has deserved the top place this time.

In this instance, I totally agree with you!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

How would such a table be arranged to follow the Periodic Law? Do we put piston fillers in one column?

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

This is an FPN free for all. It's all about teh snobz. Which is snootier, which is The Pen For The Common Man (please, a fanfare).

I would say the Sheaffer No Nonsense still takes pride of place as The Pen Of The People. but that might just be my age showing. Lamy and Chelpark (?) are vying for the same spot at Noodlers...low price stripped down and no foo-foo advertising. I must say I was dashed disappointed in that MB ad with the Dragon head with no vulgar ruby eye and the engraving on the nib backwards...makes you question your need for 'precious resin'.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Well...., talking about snobbery. :D .

The Esterbrook J should, in my opinion, be included in the pen for the common people column. Well made of quality materials in vast numbers so they could be sold at a low price and, therefore, be available to almost all people.

-David.

Edited by estie1948

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery. -Anon.

A backward poet writes inverse. -Anon.

The Pen for the common man has got to be the Parker 51, 30 million of them made so more owned by us commoners than any other pen ;)

Paul

This is a trick question, right?

While seemingly asking about pens, the response actually reveals whether the person answering the question is actually a snob.

Or that favorite character, the reverse snob.

gary

PS-It'll be hard to beat this, as bacon really is the "meat of life":

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee349/IntoxicatingLava/periodidicc.jpg

• 3 months later...

The most snobby pens could be in group 8 (noble gases)

size increases down the table

size decreases across the table to the right.

ionization energy ( cost) increases up and to the right.

in the middle of the transition metals are the precious metals

Everything over 82 is radioactive.

Sometimes the cat needs a new cat toy. And sometimes I need a new pen.