Limited Edition Sailor (20 Pens)

Tinjapan

The day after Maruzen's pen fair finished, Mitsukoshi had their's. Among the special pens for their show was this. 20 were made, ten for Isetan and ten for Mitsukoshi. According to Mitsukoshi's website it is a 'Sailor Denshiro Kabazaiku Mitsukoshi Isetan special model' limited production.

I stopped by yesterday, long after the fair expecting to buy a different pen but decided to ask about this pen. They still had two left, one #16/20 is now mine. More pics in other posts.

post-92404-0-30712000-1396100702_thumb.jpg

post-92404-0-80665700-1396101036_thumb.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tinjapan

• Apprenti

• daoud62

• daintydimsum

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a big, wide pen and is both clipless and unpostable. Yet it feels very comfortable in the hand. Pens from top to bottom are Pelikan 400, Platinum #3776, Sailor Denshiro Kabazaiku Mitsukoshi Isetan special model limited production, Sailor Denshiro Kabazaiku, Sheaffer 300.

post-92404-0-03010800-1396101574_thumb.jpg

Very pretty, is the pen underneath in the photos limited edition too? It looks quite similar. Gorgeous nib too, by the way.

Thanks for sharing,

Joe

Very pretty, is the pen underneath in the photos limited edition too? It looks quite similar. Gorgeous nib too, by the way.

Thanks for sharing,

Joe

Thank you Joe.

The pen underneath is similar. It is covered in the same cherry tree bark as this pen, not the same tree , mind you. But it is not a limited edition as this pen is. It is smaller and has a 14k nib. It too is a Sailor pen and also a very recent purchase, one I was planning on posting about. Both are beautiful writers.

The last pic. I hope it isn't sacrilege to use a Nakaya pen pouch for a limited production Sailor.

post-92404-0-08773000-1396102864_thumb.jpg

I do not YET have a Nakaya. I am really wanting one and was planning on picking one up when I went for the Sailor instead. My thinking was that, living in Japan I have much easier access to Nakaya pens and a pen limited to only 20 is a once in a life time opportunity. But one day, I will have a Nakaya.

Which one/s do you have?

I do not YET have a Nakaya. I am really wanting one and was planning on picking one up when I went for the Sailor instead. My thinking was that, living in Japan I have much easier access to Nakaya pens and a pen limited to only 20 is a once in a life time opportunity. But one day, I will have a Nakaya.

Which one/s do you have?

I was given a Naka-Ai Shobu with Spencerian nib by someone who is, or who has become, a very dear friend. It's awesome! But I'd never have been able to buy it myself.

I find myself in love with the Sailor Pro Gear II slim, in rhodium trim. How're sailor's nibs?

Thanks,

Joe

That is a beautiful pen. Use it in good health!

Thank you. I certainly intend to.

This pen was sold at Mitsukoshi's pen fair that started the day after Maruzen's finished. Did you make there too?

I was given a Naka-Ai Shobu with Spencerian nib by someone who is, or who has become, a very dear friend. It's awesome! But I'd never have been able to buy it myself.

I find myself in love with the Sailor Pro Gear II slim, in rhodium trim. How're sailor's nibs?

Thanks,

Joe

All of the Sailor pens I have (5) have great nibs. All are pleasures to write with. However, I have many more Pilot pens than Sailor.

Thank you. I certainly intend to.

This pen was sold at Mitsukoshi's pen fair that started the day after Maruzen's finished. Did you make there too?

I did not go to Mitsukoshi's pen department. Now I wish that I had :(

I am developing a real love for wooden pens. I would not have been able to pass this one by.

I did not go to Mitsukoshi's pen department. Now I wish that I had :(

I am developing a real love for wooden pens. I would not have been able to pass this one by.

Although I learned of this show from one of the clerks at Maruzen and hoped to go, I too was unable to go.

I first saw this pen advertised for the Shinjuku Isetan, did not know at the time of the show that Mistukoshi also carried it and assumed that it would be way too expensive for my budget, which I more than broke during Maruzen's show, ironically though I bought only one pen at Maruzen Nihonbashi.

I also have a real love for wooden pens. The other pen I was really looking to buy when I picked up this pen was a Platinum Izumo-Takayasan, which I was also able to see at Mitsukoshi. It is a lot longer than I thought, not a bad thing. Beautiful pen, almost went for it instead of the Sailor. The Platinum being a regular production pen, I can pick one up later and hopefully will.

damn. that's real nice. i want one now :puddle:

Edited by rudyhou

-rudy-

damn. that's real nice. i want one now :puddle:

Mitsukoshi honten had one left as of March 28. Don't know about Shinjuku Isetan, they also had 10.

This pen is a beauty! The rough spots on the tree bark add an interesting texture to the writing experience. I am sure you would enjoy using it.