Fantastic: Nanami Paper & Supply Tomoe River Notebooks!

egretsrus

O frabjous day! Just received my gorgeous bound, lined, Tomoe River notebook from Nanami Paper and Supply. Think Goulet Pens for comparison: customer service, speed of delivery (24 hours in my case) and flawless packaging. Wish I could figure out how to attach photos I took with my iPhone 5. As previous reviewers have noted, the leather cover is purchased separately. The notebook itself is about the size of a medium Moleskine journal, has 480 pages and will last the average writer quite awhile. The lines are perfectly spaced for me, seem to be a TINY bit closer than college-ruled. I plan to use fine to extra fine nibs on various pens with various inks to write in this beautiful journal.

I highly recommend communicating with Dave if you have any questions...you will get an email back very quickly. I look forward to buying from this company in the future.

No affiliation, blah blah blah :lol:

My life is full of mistakes. They're like pebbles that make a good road.

Beatrice Wood

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Stormin_

• Josey

• Moose22

• LuckyKate

:) Hear! Hear!

Actually I like the funky, pink cover; it seems durable and it has a "retro" appeal about it. I also like the small signatures in the binding.

Superb service too. I think my order arrived before Dave could email me that he had sent them!

+ 1 standing O for Dave at Nanami. He even solicits customer views/preferences on details like line-spacings for future design tweaks.

What's not to love about that...!

I absolutely loved my Seven Seas journal! :-) Unfortunately, it didn't really wind up fitting what I needed in a daily carry notebook, so I switched to a Webbie, but I wish I could find a longer writing project to do just so I could get another one for that wonderful paper...

Fountain pen blog | Personal blog

Current collection: Pilot Vanishing Point, TWSBI Vac 700, Kaweco Al Sport, Lamy Safari, Nemosine Singularity

• 4 weeks later...

Companies like Nanami and Goulet set a high standard in products and services.

Definitely a goal for other companies to achieve.

No affiliation and thanks for the information.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Definitely a goal for other companies to achieve.

No affiliation and thanks for the information.

Sums it up for me. Just received my order from Nanami downunder and the service, packaging etc was first class. Love the notebook and the other bits and pieces I bought too. Great companies - Nanami and Goulets.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I second this. I've gone back to using my Seven Seas journal after the Webbie didn't live up to expectations. I realized that the Seven Seas is everything I could hope for and more. Can't recommend both of these small businesses enough. :-)

Fountain pen blog | Personal blog

Current collection: Pilot Vanishing Point, TWSBI Vac 700, Kaweco Al Sport, Lamy Safari, Nemosine Singularity

I've been using my Nanami Seven Seas journal with its Gfeller cover for work notes for about 3 weeks. I'm about 100 pages in and I just love this notebook. I was interested to see how the thin paper would hold up under the tough conditions of meeting rooms, cafés, tossed in my handbag, briefcase and suitcases. So far it's been great. The Seven Seas will be my standard work notebook from now on. Will be ordering some more shortly.

• 5 weeks later...

You all probably know this however..............

'Seven Seas "WRITER" Tomoe River Journal A5' on Nanami Paper and Supply

This is the new version of the Seven Seas Tomoe River Journal. We are now calling it the "Seven Seas Writer"....

I just made my first Nanami purchase today and boy, am I excited! After a lot of thought, I passed on the 'Writer' because I didn't need another large book that I'd be unlikely to fill. I need paper for letter-writing, so I settled on some pads and envelopes. I just wish the pads had lines...

I was bummed at that at first, too. Now I use a guide sheet I printed out and just tuck it behind the sheet when writing on tomoe pads. The paper is thin enough that you can easily see through it.

Actually makes it look like an old timey letter WITH better penmanship since my lines are straight and evenly spaced, even though the finished letter has no guidelines.

I still prefer lines in my journal, but I've grown to like the blank letter pads.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the journal enough that I am debating some of the TR tablets for letter writing as well. Dave's service is remarkable.

Just received my order of 3 notebooks and a kip leather cover!!! LOVE! But I'm making myself use at least some of my "regular" journal hoard first XP

I got several journals a while ago, and love them. Now I'm waiting for the skirting leather cover, and some Midori lined writing paper :happyberet:

✒️ :happyberet:

Now I'm waiting for the skirting leather cover... :happyberet:

You won't be disappointed. I've had mine for about 2 months and am using them for work. The cover is getting some rough treatment as I'm out and about much of the time. Both the cover and the notebook are coping well and wearing in nicely.

I've now got one of each (skirting and kip) and I'm happy about both. Added bonus, I can tell them apart by touch in my briefcase...

I've now got one of each (skirting and kip) and I'm happy about both. Added bonus, I can tell them apart by touch in my briefcase...

Which do you prefer? Compare for us?? :)