New Bexley Poseidon Ii

gregamckinney

Received my new Poseidon II demo on Saturday. It is beautiful.

I have a pretty big sub-collection of Poseidon and Poseidon Magnum pens, so this one fits right in.

http://www.gergyor.com/images/bex-pos2.jpg

Partial family shot:

http://gergyor.com/images/bexley-poseidons_2012-08-26_1200x.jpg

Best Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gregamckinney

• WetNoodle

• novarider

• rhr2010

Beautiful demo and beautiful collection. Where can one buy the demo? Do they come with different cap and blind cap colors?

" I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." -- Albert Einstein

Nice collection! I have the exact same Poseidon I ordered from Richard a while back - expecting delivery in the next day or two, and your photo makes it harder to stay patient :)

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

Now those are Bexleys!

Thank you for showing them.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

@rhr2010 - I got mine from Richard Binder. My understanding is that a very small number were made. They were not offered (to me, anyway) with mixed cap/ blind cap colors. IIRC, the options were black-clear-black or red-clear-red.

I have a few more since the main pic was taken. I'll try to get a new shot soon.

Best Regards, greg

Wow, that's quite the family portrait, Greg....thanks for sharing...

Didn't realize that so many variations were made....

Mark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Looking at the pic and working from memory, I probably have four other Poseidon or Poseidon Grande pens. There are at least three others (Nibs.com exclusives) and almost certainly another dozen "prototypes"/ color test samples.

greg

ETA: Oh, plus the three standard Poseidon II colors.

Edited by gregamckinney

Great collection :thumbup:

I have the same one as pictured 4th in from the right. One of the best stub nibs i have ever used!

Where are the solid color pens coming from? I would love to have a black/yellow version

The solid color pens (some Magnum, some not) are LE's from Classic Fountain Pens. You can see them here.

There were also green, white and brown pens, but I didn't care for them as much as the yellow and red.

Regards, greg

Edited by gregamckinney

The solid color pens (some Magnum, some not) are LE's from Classic Fountain Pens. You can see them here.

There were also green, white and brown pens, but I didn't care for them as much as the yellow and red.

Regards, greg

Thanks. I wish they still had them, I would purchase a black/yellow one.

• 8 months later...

I highly regard Bexley's and am envious of your thorough collection!

I have a Poseidon myself and it, as well as my other 13 Bexley's, are exceptional pens.

Very nice. Best over the holidays!

M.

Maybe someone can answer my question within this thread - how does the Bexley 2014 Owners Club pen compare to the Poseidon II? Seems like they have flatter tops and bottoms, sure, but looking at pics of both online, it's a bit difficult to tell. I do know that the Poseidon II comes with a piston filler and the Owners doesn't.

Are their measurements dramatically different?

Owner's Club:

http://nibs.com/www/WEBSITE%20PICS/Bexley/bexley-owners-club-2014-blue-capped.jpg

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

-Fred Allen 1894-1956

I don't have both a OC14 and a PosII with me at work today. If no one else does so before this evening, I will put up a comparison.

Regards, greg

That would be really helpful. Thanks Greg!

-Fred Allen 1894-1956

I put my 2014 OC side by side with a Poseidon II to see how they compare.

_ The Poseidon II is about 1/4" longer, all at the top of the cap. If you set the pens (capped) on their ends on the table, they are the same length/ height at the "blind cap" band, the cap, the cap bands, and the clip ring. Uncapped, they are just about the same length. Posted, the Poseidon II is longer than the OC by the same amount as when capped- just the cap top's 1/4".

_ The Poseidon II is just slightly fatter through the barrel, and is somewhat fatter at the gripping section.

_ The extremely flat top of the OC cap makes it look, to me, a bit out of balance with the barrel when capped. Posted, I really like the balance, visually and when writing.

As mentioned before the Poseidon II has a piston filler, and the OC is a standard c/c.

I like both pens very much.

greg

So would you say that the OC is more in line with the regular Poseidon (not the II) in length?

-Fred Allen 1894-1956