The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Newbie-Ish, Branching Out

kaweco fabercastell lamy herbin crane rouge hematite iroshizuku konpeki leuchtturm wax seal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NomadSteve

NomadSteve

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 March 2014 - 00:20

Hi friends!

I've been gradually getting deeper and deeper into this world o' fountain pens since giving my first Lamy Safari a shot two years ago. I finally wrote a post on my own blog about the hobby and what fountain pens mean to me and why I like them, which necessitated some pictures. So I busted out my camera and tried to get all pretty-like with some of my gear.

All of what you see below is also in the blog post. Hope you enjoy these first attempts. Feedback and advice greatly appreciated.

And thanks to all for the mountains of info I've gleaned as a long-time lurker here on FPN. Wouldn't have enjoyed the beginnings of this fanaticism wonderful hobby without you all!

-The Idle Expatter (AKA Steve B.)

FPN 3.jpg

My overall favorite ink, J. Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite.

FPN 2.jpg

The Rouge H. again with (the reverse side of) a sheet of Crane & Co. triple hairline

FPN 4.jpg

My Faber-Castell e-motion in pearwood, a bottle of Iroshizuku kon-peki, and my custom-made journal from Bibliographica (on Etsy)

FPN 8.jpg

A random dip pen and a bottle of J. Herbin vert reseda

FPN 7.jpg

Iroshizuku kon-peki, enjoying some fresh air and sunlight (don't worry, only long enough to take the picture)

FPN 6.jpg

My Kaweco Student (underrated gem of a pen, by the way!) and another handmade Bibliographica journal, this one called "The Nomad"

FPN 5.jpg

Kaweco Student, Bibliographica "Nomad" journal, an orange Leuchtturm1917 dot pocket notebook, and an unlabeled bottle of Caran d'Ache Storm

FPN 9.jpg

B for me

FPN 1.jpg

Wordsworth in red (J. Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite, out of a Lamy with a 1.5mm italic)

Sponsored Content

#2 Scribblesoften

Scribblesoften

Retrogrouch

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 March 2014 - 00:53

Very nice. Thanks for sharing these.

#3 Mark Karpeles

Mark Karpeles

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:16

J. Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite seems to have a cult following. :wub:

#4 NomadSteve

NomadSteve

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:59

J. Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite seems to have a cult following. :wub:

Sure does! That cult following is what led me to try it to begin with, and as soon as I put some down on the page, I was hooked. No zealot like a convert.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kaweco, fabercastell, lamy, herbin, crane, rouge hematite, iroshizuku, konpeki, leuchtturm, wax seal

Sponsored Content

|