riccardodebole

From January 2014 our distribution strategy is based by selling directly to the final consumer, no other intermediary like a distributor or a shop is involved. Our workshop is located close Venice, in the Brenta Canal area, well known throughout the world for its beautiful locations and for the beauty of the venetian villas with their parks. Our handmade objects are the resulting product of the story of our land, our passion, our quality, everithing that “Made in Italy” means.
We like think that our works are unique, as every our customer is a unique person.

GHIBLI presents “AUTOGRAPH” the new series of fountain pens. These pens can use your very own signature as the photos onboard. This GHIBLI fountain pen will be one of the most special pen you will ever own. Much like the fingerprint , your signature is completely your own, no one else has it.

We hope a large success for these personalized fountain pens !

post-110906-0-02450700-1395686236_thumb.jpg

post-110906-0-71266900-1395686283_thumb.jpg

post-110906-0-37029000-1395686348_thumb.jpg

post-110906-0-90531200-1395686408_thumb.jpg

post-110906-0-54716800-1395686457_thumb.jpg

post-110906-0-76170500-1395686526_thumb.jpg

Kind regards,
Riccardo
http://www.ghiblistudio.it

find out more at:

Signature

"Other instruments write for us, the fountain pen writes with us"

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• learningsquare

• kenshiro

• riccardodebole

• fountainbel

Hi Riccardo,

Congratulations, really beautiful hand crafted pens !

Are these piston fillers or convertor / cartridge fillers?

Francis

You don't think "Ghibli" and "Studio" together with a quasi-Japanese seal motif as a logo are, together, a little disingenuous?

On the Hunt For:

1) Atelier Simoni ID Demonstrator Natural Rhodium (As if it existed.)

2) Moresi 2nd Limited Edition Delta Demonstrator

3) y.y. Pen Club #4 and #10

Hi Riccardo,

Congratulations, really beautiful hand crafted pens !

Are these piston fillers or convertor / cartridge fillers?

Francis

Hi Francis,

these pens are convertor/cartidge fillers

find out more at:

Signature

"Other instruments write for us, the fountain pen writes with us"

You don't think "Ghibli" and "Studio" together with a quasi-Japanese seal motif as a logo are, together, a little disingenuous?

I confess I was expecting something other than this - maybe involving a big grinning spirit or a catbus!

Instagram @inkysloth

I confess I was expecting something other than this - maybe involving a big grinning spirit or a catbus!

Now, if Studio Ghibli partnered with Sailor to make a Totoro-themed pen (much like the Hello Kitty pen), I'd buy one right away. It'd be a bit garish, to be sure, but fun to have.

(Sorry to hijack this thread, but I guess that's what you get by being Ghibli "Studio" :P )

ghibli [gib-lee]
noun
a hot dust-bearing wind of the North African desert.
Origin:
dialectal Arabic gibli south wind, akin to Arabic qiblī literally, southern

ghibli [gib-lee]
noun
a hot dust-bearing wind of the North African desert.
Origin:

dialectal Arabic gibli south wind, akin to Arabic qiblī literally, southern

Bit specious, no?
ap·ple
ˈapəl/Submit
noun
the round fruit of a tree of the rose family, which typically has thin red or green skin and crisp flesh. Many varieties have been developed as dessert or cooking fruit or for making cider.
the tree which bears apples.
Doesn't mean I can call my company Apple, now does it?

On the Hunt For:

Bit specious, no?
ap·ple
ˈapəl/Submit
noun
the round fruit of a tree of the rose family, which typically has thin red or green skin and crisp flesh. Many varieties have been developed as dessert or cooking fruit or for making cider.
the tree which bears apples.
Doesn't mean I can call my company Apple, now does it?

To be fair to the OP, "Ghibli" is a common enough Italian word that using it in a company name is fair game. "Apple," especially for a technology-related company, is not OK (because of its trademarked status), but "Apple Bank" is.

The name "Ghibli" by itself seems legit considering that it's an Italian company; it's "Ghibli Studio" that bothers me a little.

That said, it's my impression that the OP had good intentions, and we should probably not keep eating up this thread.

The name "Ghibli" by itself seems legit considering that it's an Italian company; it's "Ghibli Studio" that bothers me a little.

That said, it's my impression that the OP had good intentions, and we should probably not keep eating up this thread.

I agree that we should leave it, and I agree that the 'Studio' is the breaker. But what is the privilege of Italians to use 'Ghibli'? Ghibli is a North African Arabic word. And frankly, the pseudo-Asian red ink seal logo is not exactly dissuading people from making an Asian association. (Please PM me if you know of some particular Italian relationship to the word Ghibli - I'm genuinely interested as a casual student of Arabic)

On the Hunt For:

I agree that we should leave it, and I agree that the 'Studio' is the breaker. But what is the privilege of Italians to use 'Ghibli'? Ghibli is a North African Arabic word. And frankly, the pseudo-Asian red ink seal logo is not exactly dissuading people from making an Asian association. (Please PM me if you know of some particular Italian relationship to the word Ghibli - I'm genuinely interested as a casual student of Arabic)

Although Arabic in origin, "ghibli" is the specific spelling of the term as it pertains to Italy and Libya (the latter stemming from the Italian occupation of Libya), for the ghibli does reach those two countries and thus names several Italian products. Italians are not "privileged" to used the word per se, but it's not unreasonable for them to do so outside of the context of Studio Ghibli.

I recall watching a short clip from the Nausicaa DVD that indicates that Miyazaki's original inspiration for the name of his studio came specifically from the WWII Italian fighter plane of the same name.

Edited by learningsquare