Pen Chalet

jmcf1949

Hello all. I'd like to give a nice shout out to Pen Chalet for some pretty good customer service. I purchased a Monteverde Tool Pen that came with a poorly shaped nib that would not write. After exchanging e-mails, I had a replacement nib at my door in three days. Including a prepaid return shipping label. I know they probably shouldn't have sent the poor nib in the first place, but things happen sometimes. Their reaction to my problem was outstanding, and I will certainly buy from them in the future.

Best regards,

Jim

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmcf1949

• PenChalet

• cleosmama

• thudthwacker

Jim,

Thanks for the shout out. We always want to take care of our customers. We are just glad we were able to resolve your issue in a timely manner.

http://www.penchalet.com/images/logo-amazon.jpg

www.penchalet.com

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an old thread, but as I can't start new ones in Market Watch and didn't find a more recent one talking about PenChalet, I wanted to stop in and give them a quick shout-out for their excellent customer service.

A couple of months ago, I ordered a limited-edition Lamy Al-Star in Copper Orange. When it arrived, it produced a very faint, scratchy line. I wrote to them thinking that they might be willing to send a new nib if I sent the old one back first. Instead, they sent an entire second Al-Star, explaining that while it was likely the nib, it could also be the feed, and that I should swap things around as necessary and send back the items that were found wanting (and they provided a prepaid shipping label for the return). The second Al-Star was a champ out of the box, and is my daily writer.

Consider me a permanent customer; I can't help appreciating when a shop will go to these lengths to make sure that I'm happy with my purchase.

I have had great experience with the customer service at Pen Chalet, too. They are nice people who try to help you get the pen that you want at a good price. I bought a Kaweco ArtSport from them, and Ron went out of the way to see that I got a nib that I liked. And recently, I had a problem with the finish on my Monteverde Intima, and he also helped me in getting a replacement section. I highly recommend them. They care about what they sell, and they care about their customer's satisfaction with the products, too.

The test of a good company is not that you never have a problem, it's what they do to make things right. Good to hear.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

I ordered from them a few months ago and didn't notice a mistake before payment. I called them the next morning and the sorted it out for me. Wonderful customer service. They were really nice to speak with. I would recommend them to anyone.