The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Please Help Me Id This Montblanc Pen. =)

id montblanc meisterstuck pix

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 HermetiC

HermetiC

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2014 - 16:27

It seems to be an authentic 144 from the 80's, but the ring at the end of the section has been moved from the original place.

Sponsored Content

#22 fountainpende

fountainpende

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 17:16

Honestly, after looking at the photos once again I believe that it's not the ring ... its the inner feeder section that is not in the right place. 

www.fountainpen.de- the website for Montblanc and Astoria collectors

Posted Image

#23 Juanjavier

Juanjavier

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2014 - 19:05

Honestly, after looking at the photos once again I believe that it's not the ring ... its the inner feeder section that is not in the right place. 

How could I assemble it correctly again? Wow guys, you've all been so helpful, thank you!

#24 Rowbo

Rowbo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2014 - 19:17

The band on the section looks the wrong way round to me. Is this possible?

For info, found this http://www.fountainp...b-144-nib-swap/

Edit: added link

Edited by Rowbo, 21 March 2014 - 19:22.

You don't know what you need until you realise you haven't got it.

#25 fountainpende

fountainpende

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 19:31

I would not recommend you to repair it yourself... may be you can send the pen to MOntblanc or may be there are some repair experts here in the forum ...

www.fountainpen.de- the website for Montblanc and Astoria collectors

Posted Image

#26 carlos.q

carlos.q

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2014 - 20:34

Hi guys! I must say I LOVE this forum. Here in Puerto Rico there is little to NO support or service or anything for fountain pens. I've only seen ONE store which marks up prices roughly %20. 

What store is this? To my knowldege, there are 3 stores that sell fountain pens in San Juan: two in Plaza Las Americas (Pen Shoppe and a watch/Montblanc dealer) and Art-Tek in Hato Rey.

#27 CS388

CS388

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 23:39

I was wondering the same thing. I don't see how the metal band could have moved up the section?

Could the inner sleeve have come down, past the band? Could it be the inner sleeve we can see in the photographs?

If this is the case, it could be the cause of your ink flow problems, too?

Putting the sleeve back into position isn't too difficult - but, if you're new to the game, better get it seen to by an expert, or Montblanc themselves.

(This is all assuming that the inner sleeve has moved down)

Good luck.

#28 Rowbo

Rowbo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:51

I am now convinced that the band is back to front and that is what has prevented the casing from going all the way back into the section.

As Juanjavier has already 'confessed' to DIY / bricolage / screwing around (call it what you will) and may have been lucky not to break anything, he does have some limited experience and the nerve to 'have a go'. We know that the 'friction fit' is not jammed solid as he has already had it apart, so there is a good chance it will come apart again so that he can reassemble it correctly - if he so wishes.

If that is your decision, please post photos for the benefit of all.

You don't know what you need until you realise you haven't got it.

#29 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:46

Yes I see it now. The band is still in its correct position, but everyone is correct, the inner feed is sticking out past where it should be.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: id, montblanc, meisterstuck, pix

Sponsored Content

|