The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

My Inexpensive Chinese Collection.

chinese fountain pen jinhao baoer kaigelu hero huashilai

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 KBeezie

KBeezie

Gerbil Charmer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,730 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2014 - 21:23

Figured what better way to get into fountain pens than to start inexpensive, fortunately had a couple friends who were able to get me some recommendations on favorable ones. Most were about 10USD or less, the most expensive 'single' pen was the Uranus KSF-301 w/ Box for about 17USD. 

My favorite of the pack is the Jinhao X750 with the Goulet Extra Fine nib, followed by the Jinhao X450 which I replaced with a Goulet 1.5mm Stub Nib (I put the 2-tone Jinhao M nib from the X450 onto my Nemosine Singularity). On the thin side it's a toss up between the Kaigelu 363 and Jinhao 611. The Hero 616 is probably the least favorite of all the Chinese ones I've tried. 

Baoer 507 "8 Horse" (one of a three pack I got, I kept the silverish one)

baoer_507_8horse.jpg

Jinhao 611 in blue, aside from the Hero 616 I have, probably the finest on the nib size I have.

Jinhao_611.jpg

A Kaigelu 363 and Haushilai 2111, bought them as a pair, I like the Kaigelu better of the two.

kaigelu_363_huashilai_2111.jpg

A Duke Uranus KSF-301 (~ Medium Partially Hooded Nib)

uranus_301_full.jpg

Jinhao X450 in "Distressed Black"

x450_closenib.jpg

Jinhao X750 "Shimmering Sands" with a Goulet 2-tone Extra Fine Nib. Currently my favorite of the chinese pens. 

x750_ef.jpg

Most of them side by side (the non-Chinese ones shown being the Sheaffer Snorkel, Nemosine Singularity, and the unbranded green one in the front)

chinese_colection.jpg

Edited by KBeezie, 15 March 2014 - 21:24.

Sponsored Content

#2 TSherbs

TSherbs

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 21:49

Nice job with the pics. The two-tone nib with the shimmering sands gives it some nice pop.

#3 KBeezie

KBeezie

Gerbil Charmer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,730 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2014 - 00:23

Nice job with the pics. The two-tone nib with the shimmering sands gives it some nice pop.

Yea it does especially nice when I put the Goulet 2-tone 1.5mm Stub Nib onto the X450.

x450_stub.jpg

The nibs themselves were only 15 each, so still pretty inexpensive for the pen body and nib quality. 

Edited by KBeezie, 16 March 2014 - 00:24.

#4 TSherbs

TSherbs

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:25

Bazinga!

#5 cleosmama

cleosmama

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:18

Got my Jinhao Shimmering Sands today. It's a very pretty pen and quite hefty (I will have to use it unposted, but that's fine; it's perfect for me unposted). Thanks for the pictures.

#6 Helen350

Helen350

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2014 - 21:29

Figured what better way to get into fountain pens than to start inexpensive, fortunately had a couple friends who were able to get me some recommendations on favorable ones. Most were about 10USD or less, the most expensive 'single' pen was the Uranus KSF-301 w/ Box for about 17USD. 

My favorite of the pack is the Jinhao X750 with the Goulet Extra Fine nib, followed by the Jinhao X450 which I replaced with a Goulet 1.5mm Stub Nib (I put the 2-tone Jinhao M nib from the X450 onto my Nemosine Singularity). On the thin side it's a toss up between the Kaigelu 363 and Jinhao 611. The Hero 616 is probably the least favorite of all the Chinese ones I've tried. 

Baoer 507 "8 Horse" (one of a three pack I got, I kept the silverish one)

baoer_507_8horse.jpg

Jinhao 611 in blue, aside from the Hero 616 I have, probably the finest on the nib size I have.

Jinhao_611.jpg

A Kaigelu 363 and Haushilai 2111, bought them as a pair, I like the Kaigelu better of the two.

kaigelu_363_huashilai_2111.jpg

A Duke Uranus KSF-301 (~ Medium Partially Hooded Nib)

uranus_301_full.jpg

Jinhao X450 in "Distressed Black"

x450_closenib.jpg

Jinhao X750 "Shimmering Sands" with a Goulet 2-tone Extra Fine Nib. Currently my favorite of the chinese pens. 

x750_ef.jpg

Most of them side by side (the non-Chinese ones shown being the Sheaffer Snorkel, Nemosine Singularity, and the unbranded green one in the front)

chinese_colection.jpg

You've got the touch with photography.  Just discovered this thread for Chinese pens.  You've got a nice little collection there with the Goulet nibs.  I ordered the Shimmering Sands, and will use a Goulet 1.1 stub.  How do you like the Baoer 8-horses? 

Edited by Helen350, 12 November 2014 - 21:31.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chinese, fountain pen, jinhao, baoer, kaigelu, hero, huashilai

Sponsored Content

|