The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Hard Rubber Imprint Preservation

hard rubber imprint preservation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ray Cornett_*

Guest_Ray Cornett_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2014 - 13:11

Is there anything that can be done to hard rubber to protect it from more wear than it has already experienced but won't harm the rubber over time? I just happened to think of this while having difficulty making out a couple areas of imprint on the butt of a hard rubber pen. I am very careful with my pens and it is not like I will be rubbing the area but would like to see if something can be done to protect it.

Sponsored Content

#2 Hooker56

Hooker56

Maduro

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2014 - 16:05

Ray,

I don't know if this resolves th issue or not, but here's a recent thread on same issue:

http://www.fountainp...rd-rubber-pens/

Good luck,

Clayton

"Not a Hooker Hooker, but rather a left-handed overwriter."

#3 balson

balson

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:36

museum wax is a popular tool used by some pen restorers and may be helpful in preserving the imprint.  but museum wax also creates some problems.  the wax acts as a protective barrier and will protect the pens from moisture and to some extent damage from light and minor scuffing.  the downside is that it is not reversible and dust will over time imbed into the wax.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hard, rubber, imprint, preservation

Sponsored Content

|