Who Is Using Franklin-Christoph.......?

tinta

I bought a 66 Garnet with a SIG F nib at the Colorado Pen Show on Friday. Beautiful pen, great nib, and coupled with a Penwell desk base, makes a classic desk pen.

post-1244-0-63391300-1507658248_thumb.jpg

post-1244-0-86048600-1507658260_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kelly G

May we live, not by our fears but by our hopes; not by our words but by our deeds; not by our disappointments but by our dreams.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• tinta

• sansenri

• Blue_Moon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I added 3 to the collection from the Ohio Pen Show, all with Masuyama nibs. Model 65 in a beautiful blue swirl with steel medium italic, Model 31 in a black/wihite matte sparkling swirl with a steel fine italic (both of these were color prototypes) and a Model 02 in the new Gold Rising finish with a 14k gold fine italic. Of course all are great writers, and customer service was superb as usual.

At the Ohio show, I purchased a clear demonstrator Model 66 with a red section and a music nib and had Jim grind a needlepoint for me.

• 2 months later...

After seeing a Franklin Christoph at a pen club meeting, I went to their website and started wanting one.

The pen I saw was a white one which I suspect is the Solid Ice color, so a Stabilis 65. I am at the point of which nib to get: broad stub or broad italic.

The pen club member made the point you can get a Mike Masuyama nib from Franklin Christoph. If I do end up buying one, it will be my first FC.

I’ve noticed the Stabilis 65 is not mentioned very often from all the posters. I was glad to find this thread though, since I must admit I was unaware of FC.

Posted Image

I am not a frequent fountain pen user, as many of you know, but I own two. The first is a Parker 51 - the pen my dad used from its inception until his death - and the second is a Franklin-Christoph.

In addition to looking good and writing well, there are two other benefits to using their pens:

1. If you are fortunate enough to be at a pen show where they have decamped, you can watch your pen (nib) being made to exactly your specifications. I have been fortunate enough to be located in their (busy) vicinity at the Dallas show for the last several years.

2. EVERYONE I have met at the shows is friendly and helpful. As a former resident of North Carolina, I am always pleased to visit with them, even if they don't know what good barbecue should taste like!

Paul

I purchased my first F-C pen at the 2018 Philly Pen Show. It is a Model 31 Brooks Matte Finish Charcoal and Cream with a gold EF nib. It was set up for me at the F-C table. They seem to do everything right. As for the pen itself all I can say is WOW! It writes beautifully and is great looking. I have it filled with F-C Spanish Blue ink. Love this pen.

Steve

An additional plus, is you get to try the pen/nib for thirty days, and a full refund or nib swap is available. The only other pen company in my experience to have this kind of customer service is Brian at Edison pens.

An additional plus, is you get to try the pen/nib for thirty days, and a full refund or nib swap is available. The only other pen company in my experience to have this kind of customer service is Brian at Edison pens.

I don't think you can beat the customer service from those two pen companies. I've had phenomenal experience with F-C in particular, but when I was deciding to go with Edison, Brian Gray was wonderful, and I never expected to be in contact with him since he's the head of the company.

I own both Edisons and Franklin Christoph pens, and the customer service (even a year after the purchase) is amazing. Uniformly some of he kindest people out there.

As for my F-C, a Model 02 in Italian Ice, it is the pen i'm keeping consistently inked this year, with F-C Black Cherry ink. My only problem with it is that the cap is busily developing an ink ring. Being a transparent pen, it obviously stands out!

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

I own both Edisons and Franklin Christoph pens, and the customer service (even a year after the purchase) is amazing. Uniformly some of he kindest people out there.

As for my F-C, a Model 02 in Italian Ice, it is the pen i'm keeping consistently inked this year, with F-C Black Cherry ink. My only problem with it is that the cap is busily developing an ink ring. Being a transparent pen, it obviously stands out!

Sharon in Indiana

:wub: :thumbup: :thumbup:

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

The FC 65 is my desk, always inked.

penAfter seeing a Franklin Christoph at a pen club meeting, I went to their website and started wanting one.

The pen I saw was a white one which I suspect is the Solid Ice color, so a Stabilis 65. I am at the point of which nib to get: broad stub or broad italic.

The pen club member made the point you can get a Mike Masuyama nib from Franklin Christoph. If I do end up buying one, it will be my first FC.

I’ve noticed the Stabilis 65 is not mentioned very often from all the posters. I was glad to find this thread though, since I must admit I was unaware of FC.

I've recently acquired a Model 02 with a fine 14k nib that seems to glide across the paper, very smooooth.

Now awaiting the arrival of a model 20 with fine flex SIG grind nib. I haven't used a true flex yet and am

stoked to use one. :)

@stevekolt

Thank you for speaking up for the 65. F-C calls it a desk pen. Is that because it’s longer than some they call pocket pens?

Posted Image

I have the model 65 as well. I think they call it a desk pen because it has no clip, and one of the sides if flattened out so it won't roll across your desk. Papier Plume told me that when I bought the pen anyway ;) I like it. It has been inked up pretty much since the time I bought it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 8 FC pens and love all of them. I can not say which is my favorite as I keep them all inked and use them regularly. I have a pocket 66 with a 14k Masuyama ground nib that is fabulous. Two model 20s, one model 02 and four pocket 45s. I keep a pocket 45 in my pocket at all times. I have a long wish list. I also have several Edisons and custom Edisons. The service from both companies is amazing. I try and purchase Masuyama ground nibs on most of them. A 65 or 66 desk pen is next then a 1901 and a 03. The list keeps getting longer.

• 2 weeks later...

It arrived !!!! It is beautiful. I like the long section on the pen as it gives plenty of room for fingers and does not cramp them into a small area. I ground the nib to a nice smooth cursive Italic. It is wonderful. I do not like it posted as it seems too top heavy for that but I rarely post a full size pen anyway. I am quite happy with it!