The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Thinking Of Buying Mb 146

mont blanc

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 dmvara

dmvara

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:18

Buy which one makes your heart dance every time you use it!   :D

Sponsored Content

#22 GTOZack

GTOZack

ah that Deaf guy.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2014 - 20:36

i note take and write alot everyday, i use extrafine,   the EF actually has subtle arabic/hebrew bevel ( axe shaped)  and the F has regular conventional ball tip if you understand what i mean

i actaully tried a BB at the boutique i found it too ghastly and thick for me for everyday note taking however for signing off documents.  Its an excellent tip.  so  either. pick EF  or fattest one u want,  not in the middle  

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort.  B*****d stole my kill.'

-Squadron Leader K. G. Holland, RAF. WWII China.

#23 Pen2009

Pen2009

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:32

i note take and write alot everyday, i use extrafine,   the EF actually has subtle arabic/hebrew bevel ( axe shaped)  and the F has regular conventional ball tip if you understand what i mean

i actaully tried a BB at the boutique i found it too ghastly and thick for me for everyday note taking however for signing off documents.  Its an excellent tip.  so  either. pick EF  or fattest one u want,  not in the middle  

Second that. MB's EF is different from other brands' nibs. MB's F nib is very smooth because of the ball shaped tip. The tines of the EF nib have to be perfectly aligned to avoid skipping and/or scratchiness. 

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

#24 dcohenafp

dcohenafp

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2014 - 16:36

So would the MB F be a good choice since its smooth and also Fine.

<p>New FP Enthusiast. MB 146M, Pelikan M605F, Lamy 2000M, Lamy VistaF, TWISBIM

#25 yamaha_no_46

yamaha_no_46

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2014 - 20:33

I owned a 144 and a 145 before and recently purchased a 146. It is a gorgeous pen. It is comfortable both capped and uncapped, but I found it more relaxing with the cap on. 

#26 dcohenafp

dcohenafp

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 March 2014 - 18:19

What nib choice?

#27 Bananabender

Bananabender

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 March 2014 - 22:31

It is really up to you. Fwiw I have three montblancs although none are 146 . ef,om and b. All are as smooth as silk .Personally I find the ef the smoothest and best to take notes. I have a light hand when writing.

#28 dcohenafp

dcohenafp

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:23

I went to a boutique to try out the nibs. I tried the EF, F, & M. They all write great and very smooth. On a check signature on Che,k paper, I found the EF and the F very thin on the fast curls of a signature. The medium was perfect. But on certain papers the medium was very wide. The salesperson said the F maybe was abused and should be good on a new one. Should I get the F or the M?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mont blanc

Sponsored Content

|