The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Noodler's Black Writing Like A Grey

noodlers black grey light

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 a.zy.lee

a.zy.lee

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2014 - 18:08

I'm not starting an ink war, please don't ban me.

I recently got a bottle of bulletproof black and have been using it in a brand new faber-castell ambition.
Disappointingly, the ink writes like a grey instead of a black. Sometimes, it even writes like a light grey. Only sometimes it's black.
The problem is not with ink flow because I squeezed more ink into the feed with my converter, still, without increasing darkness.
Is someone else experiencing this problem? Please help.

Sponsored Content

#2 Mathemagician

Mathemagician

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2014 - 18:47

I know some noodler's inks have the problems of settling, so try and shake your bottle before filling.  Also make sure that you flushed your pen initially, and did not leave any water in it.

#3 WilsonCQB1911

WilsonCQB1911

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2014 - 21:00

I have the same problem you have and am always mystified by the reviews of this ink that talk about how black it is. On a good day it's decently black with some shades of gray. Sometimes it's just dark gray, however. I have found that this ink is somewhat susceptible to water in the feed. Make sure you dry you pen well after cleaning and before filling. That'll help somewhat. Under no circumstances have I found this ink to be black black though, even with wet flowing pens.

#4 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,054 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2014 - 21:10

Hmm... I can say that polar black is really black. I haven't tried regular black.  

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noodlers black, grey, light

Sponsored Content

|