Let Me Introduce You To My Flock - Pic Heavy

sargetalon

I finally found the small blue pen stand that I've been looking for to complete the quartet (all thanks to Paloma). Here they are...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/jdanley/Untitled-2_zps77d1fab1.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/jdanley/Untitled-3_zps15e36b73.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/jdanley/Untitled-4_zps1038535c.jpg

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• RMN

• betweenthelens

• Tasmith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wonderful collection!

While I use them all on an equal basis when averaged out over the year, I do favor the 140 and the 400NN. The nibs on those are just unbeatable.

After reading this last night, I hunted down a 140 on eBay and it's already on its way to me :) here's to hoping I win the 400NN, too.

Glad I could help you complete the collection! Thanks for adopting my bird ;) wow, it's nice to see them all together like that.

Nice collection penstands Sarge....

I have the large whit with hole in the body myself. I did not know there were so many different ones. Must look for them...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I don't own a single Pelikan, except for some of their ink, however, I have a question about the large stand. Do you put the pen in the hole to hold it, and wouldn't doing that scratch the pen?

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

I don't own a single Pelikan, except for some of their ink, however, I have a question about the large stand. Do you put the pen in the hole to hold it, and wouldn't doing that scratch the pen?

Yes, the pen goes in the hole to hold it. I have not seen any issues with scratching to date. There are no sharp edges and I would not be particulary worried about it.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

• 1 month later...

congrats on awesome collection :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

congrats on awesome collection :thumbup:

Thanks! I haven't been posting on here lately as much as I was since I've been dedicating so much of my free time to my website.

• 5 weeks later...

Only just saw this thread: what a fabulous collection!! I have seen or heard of or owned at one point quite a few of the different m100/m200s but had never seen that that there were at one point M100s not only in black or white. I am very intrigued by the m100s in blue, green and red, do they have any special name and where did you manage to find them? Also loving your blue pen stands, both the large and small: I mostly see the white or silver ones going for sale, would love to know where you got the blue ones?

Wish list: Aurora Optima

Current inked Pens: Pilot Decimo - Noodlers BBH, MB Mozart - MB Lavender

Pelikan M150 - Noodlers Kung te Cheng

Only just saw this thread: what a fabulous collection!! I have seen or heard of or owned at one point quite a few of the different m100/m200s but had never seen that that there were at one point M100s not only in black or white. I am very intrigued by the m100s in blue, green and red, do they have any special name and where did you manage to find them? Also loving your blue pen stands, both the large and small: I mostly see the white or silver ones going for sale, would love to know where you got the blue ones?

Thank you for your kind comments. I've gotten some great new pens since my last post but have been very focused on my website so don't get to post them here as much. There were five M100's in total...red, green, dark blue, black, and white. Most of the colored ones were made for the export market. There is no special name as these are just M100's of different color variation. They were very hard to find and took a significant amount of time, searching, and luck. Black and white are relatively common. The blue I have seen for sale on 3 separate instances. The red and green I have only seen for sale once each and they now reside in my collection. You can see them in more detail at my site here; http://wp.me/P4XMw3-l

Regarding the pen stands, they are out there as well and show up not too infrequently. The trick is finding ones that are priced reasonably. Some sellers ask quite a bit over what a small piece of painted porcelain should be worth. Dedicated searching a patience pay off. eBay and Martini Auctions are the two most likely sources.

• 3 months later...

I'm glad to see that you—and others—are keeping this thread alive. I have always liked my Pelikans, especially the larger sizes. Your collection is very impressive. I especially like all the ceramic Pelicans. I hope that you keep up the good work, and continue to enjoy your collection.

By the way, I used to live on Walnut Street in Philadelphia; I'm glad that I missed winter there this year.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

Amazing stuff! Obviously you need help with maintaining all those pens and I will gladly volunteer! Oh, I also wanted to thank you for your site, I have been spending a lot of time on it lately and have enjoyed it immensely.

Amazing stuff! Obviously you need help with maintaining all those pens and I will gladly volunteer! Oh, I also wanted to thank you for your site, I have been spending a lot of time on it lately and have enjoyed it immensely.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad that people are finding it useful.

• 4 months later...

I haven't updated this thread since February and was tweaking my catalog tonight so I thought that I would throw it up here. There have been a few more additions to the flock since the last update. This run of pics will just depict my entire collection of the Classic Series (M100-M250) plus the M481. My Souveräns and vintage pens are omitted here. There are 9-10 pens left in the Classic series that I continue to track down before I can declare the collection complete.

http://i.imgur.com/2PivgOV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IMXujiT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9gCaMN8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2oZnjjR.jpg

That's a beautiful collection! Congrats!

I imagine it also takes a lot of determination to avoid going off the track due to all the offerings that Pelikan keeps releasing.

How do you differentiate between some pens, like the yellow Citroenpers and Kaufhof or the browntortoise Lavenger and regular, for example? From the photos I can't see any difference, is there any? Or is it just in the packaging?

Wow..... Does the Pelikan Museum have them all? Else we can now declare you the unoffical Pelikan Museum...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

WOW! Puts my 5 into perspective. Fabulous collection and really great pictures. Thanks.

I missed seeing this thread till now. Wow, this is an amazing collection, sargetalon. Unbelievable.

Thanks for sharing.