• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• RMN

• betweenthelens

• Tasmith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the most awesome collection of Pelikans I've seen in one place! I especially liked the 425 and burgandy 200.

So let me ask, which pen do you find most frequently in your rotation?

I don't think there is any one pen that gets to the front of the line. I rotate them all equally. One week is usually what it takes me to go through a fill and then I switch out. I usually have 1-3 pens inked at a time. While I use them all on an equal basis when averaged out over the year, I do favor the 140 and the 400NN. The nibs on those are just unbeatable.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Wow! What a collectn! I saw your flock shot the other day most impressive, I might say. I an but a new starter but Pelikans have seemed to taken my berathe away!

Thanks for the photos.

aggie

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

• 2 weeks later...

What!! that collection is incredible.

Congratulation!!!

And thank you for your time for taking and posting these incredible pictures.

I think your collection of Pelikans is one of the most amazing collections I've ever seen, if not THE most amazing. :notworthy1:

Admire how you're able to focus on such a specific theme, and how you brought all these amazing writing instruments together in such a collection!

I think the next step you should head in would be to collect the other "ancient" Pelikans, even though I'm not sure how many more of those are not in your collection! (Legend says that the person who manages to collect all the Pelikans are given a badge which says "Pelikan Master"! :P)

I had no idea of the range out there. Most of the ones I've seen are the striated ones, and some of the tortoises (and a few of the marbled ones). Really liked that magenta and grey one :drool: -- belies my thought that a lot of Pelikans are sort of staid and prim and proper looking (you don't think of a striated green one breaking out and doing something crazy :lol:; or the owner of one either... :rolleyes:).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Now I normally don't do this, but I'm willing to put myself out there! I'm gonna guess, and keep in mind this is just a guess. You like Pelikan fountain pens. There I said it! Hey, if I'm wrong then I apologize. But it's just a gut feeling I have.

Seriously, that is a fine fine fine collection. I have one Pelikan . . . an M150 that started this whole mess and I think it's my favorite so far. Thanks for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your kind replys. Please enjoy a couple of new additions to the flock since my original posting...

400NN Green Striated <M> circa 1957-1965 to compliment my 400NN Brown Tortoise

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/jdanley/Untitled-1_zpsbb5a8d33.jpg

Black 130 Ibis <DF> circa 1949-1954 which has always caught my fancy and I couldn't pass this one up

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/jdanley/Untitled-6_zps9bd1df91.jpg

Black M200 Pre-'97 <OB> and Green M250 Post-'97 <M>

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/jdanley/Untitled-2_zps3cd709aa.jpg

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

The first thing that comes to mind is the Sultan of Brunei who (allegedly) has one copy of every Mercedes ever produced in his garage :yikes: :lticaptd:

Nice collection but do you get to write with all of them?

Yes Erpe I used to live in Brunei my father was an engineer for Shell oil not a bad country virtually tax free

Amazing collection. I love my M600 blue striated fine point, it's one of only two Pelikans that I own -- currently filled with 4001 Blue-Black. My other one is an M200 Special Edition (gold top) demonstrator. I like that one too but the clip frequently is loose, it seems the threads on the end of the cap may by slightly stripped. I never abused it so don't know how that happened. I can tighten it but soon it's loose again. I haven't approached the vendor about it since I bought it a while ago -- last summer. Have you ever experienced this problem?

Amazing collection. I love my M600 blue striated fine point, it's one of only two Pelikans that I own -- currently filled with 4001 Blue-Black. My other one is an M200 Special Edition (gold top) demonstrator. I like that one too but the clip frequently is loose, it seems the threads on the end of the cap may by slightly stripped. I never abused it so don't know how that happened. I can tighten it but soon it's loose again. I haven't approached the vendor about it since I bought it a while ago -- last summer. Have you ever experienced this problem?

I cannot say that I have encountered this problem. I would contact Pelikan about it if I were you.

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice.

Although different brands our collections are very similar in that we want get a complete set of pens. I liked having that focus whilst I was collecting mine, rather than randomly purchasing any old pen.

How long do you anticipate it will take to complete your set?

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

How long do you anticipate it will take to complete your set?

I have acquired 54 of the roughly 73 pens that I've discovered so far (74%). That leaves me 19 pens to find. I believe that 6-8 of those should be no problem to acquire (various M250's mostly). There are a number of very rare pens in this line-up indeed that I may never come across. For example, the M100 in brown or the M150 with dark green cap and black barrel or an M250 in the snake pattern. The first two listed, I've never even been able to find any pictures or mention of outside of Werner Rüttinger's site. The fun is having a quest though and always being on the hunt.

Incidentally, I'll have some new pics up Friday of some really nice new acquisitons...

-M101N Lizard

-M250 Black, Pre-'97

-M250 Clear Demonstrator, Post-97

-M150 Blue Demonstrator, Bols Ed., 1994

-M200 Green Demonstrator, Pre-'97

Edited by sargetalon

I have acquired 54 of the roughly 73 pens that I've discovered so far (74%). That leaves me 19 pens to find. I believe that 6-8 of those should be no problem to acquire (various M250's mostly). There are a number of very rare pens in this line-up indeed that I may never come across. For example, the M100 in brown or the M150 with dark green cap and black barrel or an M250 in the snake pattern. The first two listed, I've never even been able to find any pictures or mention of outside of Werner Rüttinger's site. The fun is having a quest though and always being on the hunt.

Incidentally, I'll have some new pics up Friday of some really nice new acquisitons...

-M101N Lizard

-M250 Black, Pre-'97

-M250 Clear Demonstrator, Post-97

-M150 Blue Demonstrator, Bols Ed., 1994

-M200 Green Demonstrator, Pre-'97

I must know, when you've acquired all of the Pelikans on your list, what will you next collect in the way of pens? Your collection is wonderful, partly because you've had the patience and dedication to acquire such a collection. I love it!

I must know, when you've acquired all of the Pelikans on your list, what will you next collect in the way of pens? Your collection is wonderful, partly because you've had the patience and dedication to acquire such a collection. I love it!

I'm not sure what would be next. Perhaps the 100 or 100NN's. Maybe the variations of the 400 series. Whatever it is, all I know is that it will be in the Pelikan line. They have captured my fascination and I see no end in sight to that.

I'm not sure what would be next. Perhaps the 100 or 100NN's. Maybe the variations of the 400 series. Whatever it is, all I know is that it will be in the Pelikan line. They have captured my fascination and I see no end in sight to that.

That's great! I always look forward to hearing about your latest acquisitions and seeing the photographs! Happy collecting!