Final Prototypes Kingsize Bulk Filler "imperio Tibaldi" Celluloid

fountainbel

Hello fountain pen Friends !

As promised - just finished in my shop -the prototype pictures of the LE Kingsize Bulk filler - final version - in the famous " imperio " celluloid from Tibaldi .

Note both versions - Streamline and Flat - top - are identical except there's a dedicated cap top plug and fill button .

I've used two different clips, but naturally the choice remains free .

For the ink I used yellow cast acrylic, but - as already explained -CONID can alternatively install a yellow , light green, smoked gray or colorless ink window.

The large ring in titanium just in front of the filling button - will be engraved " In Flanders Fields 1914-2014 " and " LE 01 /10" up to "LE 10/10"

Please note that on the pens manufactured by CONID the ring at the entrance of the cap will have the same width as the back ring

For the logo in the cap top plug I used a pellet ​​printed in 3D, but I find the white section too dark ( although we asked for "milk white")

CONID contacted a 3D printing company to print the logo , but -given the poor results - now decided to machine the logos

As always your comments and suggestions are welcome!

Regards, Francis

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• RMN

• raging.dragon

• Opooh

Another beauty, Francis. :thumbup: With choice of inkwindow, I presume??

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

The only problem is choosing, absolutely marvellous models.

Hi Opooh,

No problem, one can buy a complementary dedicated clip, filling knob and cap enclosure nut separately.

So you can transform the pen to the version of your choice easily your self !

Francis

Another beauty, Francis. :thumbup: With choice of inkwindow, I presume??

D.ick

Yes D.ick, as mentioned in my initial post,CONID will alternatively install a yellow , light green, smoked gray or colorless ink window.

BTW, Already 6 are reserved in the mean time , going fast !

Francis

These look great.

I'm also torn between the stream line and flat top designs, though I think the streamline better suits the Imperio celluloid while the flat top might look best for other materials.

I think I have one reserved already... Emailing to confirm!

Hi all,

Attached two pictures showing the flat top version alternatively equipped with a silver "snake clip"

Price remains identical to the versions equipped with a titanium clip.

Francis

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/Fountainbel%20Bulk%20filler/P1000577.jpghttp://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/Fountainbel%20Bulk%20filler/P1000578.jpg

Hi francis,

The titanium clip better matches the form of the flat top.

I agree Opooh,

But some people think differently, as the French say: "a chaque un son gout"

Francis

Hi all,

Good news ! :Production of the final Kingsize versions has started at Conid.

Both the "streamline" and" flat top" versions in LE in Tibaldi Imperio celluloid and the standard Kingsize pens in Black hard rubber will become available by end April.

When interested please contact CONID directly for prices and reservations : werner@conid.be

Francis

Hello Francis, I was wondering if the LE in Tibaldi Imperio celluloid has the option to have the same narrow band at the filling end of the pen as does your streamline Kingsize bulk filler version in HR. In my opinion the narrow band proportionally looks correct.

kind regards

mark

Sorry, I have just read your introduction and it states the band to the end of the pen will be the same as the cap band. That will look great.

Edited by slippery when wet

Hi Mark,

The wider titanium band at the filling knob is provided for LE engraving purposes.

On the LE Imperio celluloid the engraving will be :" In Flanders Fields 1914-2014 - LE 01-20" ( to 20/20)

Both bands - the one on the cap and the one at the filling knob- will be identical in width on the LE editions

On the non LE versions - s.a the black HR version were you refer to - the band at the filling knob will remain smaller.

Best regards,Francis

Hello Francis, I was wondering if the LE in Tibaldi Imperio celluloid has the option to have the same narrow band at the filling end of the pen as does your streamline Kingsize bulk filler version in HR. In my opinion the narrow band proportionally looks correct.

kind regards

mark

I agree with this, if it's an option, the narrow band looks better.

Is it the case that the extra wide band has to be used for multiple lines of printing?

kind regards

mark

Sorry, I have just read your introduction and it states the band to the end of the pen will be the same as the cap band. That will look great.

Yes correct, the wider bands will be engraved in two lines

Francis

I agree with this, if it's an option, the narrow band looks better.

Is it the case that the extra wide band has to be used for multiple lines of printing?