The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Doric Refurbishing Needed

wahl eversharp doric repair refurbish

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ray Cornett_*

Guest_Ray Cornett_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:18

I have a Doric with a #6 adjustable nib as well as the ink shut off feature which still seems to have a great working spring. However I need someone to work on the inside parts. I can take care of the nib and any body work on my own.

I would prefer someone with references and plenty of experience with Dorics.

If you are able to work on Dorics please message me privately with contact information and estimates. If you have a website please send a link.

Attached Images

• 2014-03-06-04.08.26.jpg
  • 2014-03-06-04.08.58.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Scribblesoften

Scribblesoften

Retrogrouch

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:39

Check out the Pensbury Manor website. Syd Saperstein does repairs. He is on the forum as "Wahlnut".

#3 Guest_Ray Cornett_*

Guest_Ray Cornett_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2014 - 13:07

The museum website? EDIT- Found it :)

Edited by Ray Cornett, 06 March 2014 - 13:10.

#4 viclip

viclip

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 13:15

I have a Doric with a #6 adjustable nib as well as the ink shut off feature which still seems to have a great working spring. However I need someone to work on the inside parts. I can take care of the nib and any body work on my own.

I would prefer someone with references and plenty of experience with Dorics.

If you are able to work on Dorics please message me privately with contact information and estimates. If you have a website please send a link.

I see that moderator Ron Zorn of Main Street Pens does Doric plunger-fillers for $45 ~

http://mainstreetpen...m/pricelist.htm

#5 Guest_Ray Cornett_*

Guest_Ray Cornett_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2014 - 19:47

Thanks to both of you! I did get a reply from Syd but as always with repair work I like options so I will also contact ron.

#6 Guest_Ray Cornett_*

Guest_Ray Cornett_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2014 - 19:56

Wow, Ron has a 5 month turn around.

#7 Gloucesterman

Gloucesterman

Transformation Coach

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 00:12

Check out the Pensbury Manor website. Syd Saperstein does repairs. He is on the forum as "Wahlnut".

Have heard very good thinks about Syd.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

#8 Guest_Ray Cornett_*

Guest_Ray Cornett_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:04

Syd was extremely informative in his reply to me. He is definitely the front runner in my options so far. Honestly, considering how complicated the system is I am surprised the fee is so affordable. But you didn't hear that from me. That's how prices get raised,lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wahl, eversharp, doric, repair, refurbish

Sponsored Content

|