Pelikan M200 Demosntrator

RejectedPigeon

Hello. This is a thread for people who are extremely bored. I want to buy a Demonstrator M200, but I'd like someone(s) to help me find the lowest possible price on the planet. Used is fine. Also, does anyone have any experience with this pen? How does it write?

Thanks a lot!

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past

or present are certain to miss the future." -JFK

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cleosmama

• Tasmith

• Joe in Seattle

• RejectedPigeon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It wrote beautifully. The steel nibs are just great. In fact, I prefer the steel nibs to the gold. However, the demonstrators will stain and the section is somewhat fragile – mine failed with no abuse at all. Your mileage may vary. I would happily right with an M200 – but not a demonstrator.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

Thanks a lot! Green marbled, perhaps?

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past

or present are certain to miss the future." -JFK

Sure. The ink windows are terrific.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

The M200 Demonstrator (2012) writes very nicely. It's a great pen that you can't go wrong with. I have not experienced any fragility issues and staining is really dependent on how well you care for your pens and which inks you choose to run through them. The clear demo really shows off the ink and mechanism nicely. Fahrney's Pens has it for $98. Thats about the best price I've seen for one of these... Non-demo options, the current line up is pretty limited in color options... Perhaps an M205 in toledo red if the demo doesn't suit you?

The currently available one is furthest to the right in the vertical group...

post-95756-0-87307300-1394028129_thumb.jpg

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Mine has worked just fine, however I bought it from possibly the most expenisve place on earth and upgraded the nib to a gold version, and had it custom ground to Cursive Italic, so it writes exactly as I would like.

Just my experience, but any inks in the red spectrum of the color wheel are more likely to leave permanent stains and are harder to get really clean (any pen, just more obvious w/a demo). If you fill your demo with a red ink, you should plan for one of two things:

• Either empty and clean it very frequently (don't let the ink sit in the pen for days on end) or ...
  • Plan on having a red stained pen, not a big deal if you dedicate it to red, pink, purple, violate, orange or any red hued ink.

I am no expert, but I'm learning from my mistakes.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought one of these, and after I saw this, immediately emptied my M200 fountain pen of its Purple Mojo (PR). The barrel is not stained, but the section is. I don't know if it will come clear again. I wish the owner of the store I purchased the pen from had warned me of this when he loaded it up with the Purple Mojo.

On the other hand, it's not like it is going to be a big deal if it is stained permanently.

Edited by cleosmama

Just ordered an M200 Demonstrator from the Pen Boutique in Columbia, MD. $97.95 with free shipping.

I posted a thread asking about non staining inks that I can use in it, and received some great greeat advice from Sargetalon and Julio. Stay away from reds, browns and purples. Waterman and Pelikan 4001 inks are demo friendly.

Gerigo posted a warning about Noodler's Rome is burning staing badly.

With further research on line and in FPN, Iroshizuku inks seem safe too. I'm looking at Waternan Black or South Sea Blue, Diamine Washable Blue, Pelikan Black or Blue, and Iroshizuku Asa-Goa.

Edited by Tasmith

Keep in mind that the staining is really only a poblem when your pen is empty and sitting in your nice beige display box. When it is full of ink any staining is not very noticable (except for the section/nib connection) and those vivid ink colors sloshing around in the pen are really very striking.

Don't ask me how I know this.

It's a really comfortable pen for me. I can see that it might not be comfortable for those with large hands, though.

Just ordered an M200 Demonstrator from the Pen Boutique in Columbia, MD. $97.95 with free shipping.

I posted a thread asking about non staining inks that I can use in it, and received some great greeat advice from Sargetalon and Julio. Stay away from reds, browns and purples. Waterman and Pelikan 4001 inks are demo friendly.

Gerigo posted a warning about Noodler's Rome is burning staing badly.

With further research on line and in FPN, Iroshizuku inks seem safe too. I'm looking at Waternan Black or South Sea Blue, Diamine Washable Blue, Pelikan Black or Blue, and Iroshizuku Asa-Goa.

Arrived a few days ago. Bought a bottle of Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue ink, but haven't put inked in it yet. Bought the ceramic Pelikan pen stand yesterday.

Edited by Tasmith