My First Etruria!

dms525

Stipula+Eretria+Casa+Mila_2762_edited-1.

Stipula+Eretria+Casa+Mila_2759_edited-1.

Stipula+Eretria+Casa+Mila_2758_edited-1.

Stipula+Eretria+Casa+Mila_2761_edited-1.

I bought a Stipula Passaporto in 2011, when we had the Stipula FPN LE's for sale, but this is my first Etruria. It won't be my last. I know that already, so don't tell me! :)

In fact, I have already purchased another, the Brown woodgrain-like "Tuscany Dreams." It is currently visiting YAFA and awaiting arrival of the 14 Kt 1.1 mm italic/stub nib I am having traded in for the round nib that came on it.

The Etruria Casa Mila has been reviewed by others. I am posting mostly to announce my joining the Etruria fan club. This pen is a beauty. Note the translucency in the cap, visible especially in the third photo. I find the weight, balance and size perfect for my hand. The nib is very smooth-writing with juicy ink flow. I write mostly in italic script, but I do keep a few pens with round nibs. This nib is so nice, I think I will keep it.

I might have to order another with an italic nib, of course. :unsure:

David

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dms525

• kazoolaw

• RMN

• Raskolnikov

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that is a fantastic looking pen! Congrats!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Yes they are great pens, and yes you must try their italic nibs.

Enjoy your pen

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Wow that is a fantastic looking pen! Congrats!

Thank you! I am enjoying it a lot ... even more than I anticipated.

David

Yes they are great pens, and yes you must try their italic nibs.

Enjoy your pen

D.ick

Thanks for your message and wishes.

I have an italic nib coming from Italy. YAFA told me it would take 2 months. I gather that there is only the 1.1 mm italic nib in the 14 Kt series. Any comments you have on that one or other Stipula italic nibs would be appreciated.

David

Thanks for your message and wishes.

I have an italic nib coming from Italy. YAFA told me it would take 2 months. I gather that there is only the 1.1 mm italic nib in the 14 Kt series. Any comments you have on that one or other Stipula italic nibs would be appreciated.

David

Hi David.

I have the 1.1 14k on my first Etruria, the plain black piston. It was if I remember correctly my first italic, with many more after that.

Then in 2011 I got the 0.9 18k on my FPN LE. Also a great nib, although set too tightly by Stipula out of the box.

And I have two steel 1.1 italics on two passaportes, one the factory italic, very nice, the other a factory italic modified by Wimg for doublesided use. Very special. These steel italics are very smooth.

They are good pens, only the plastic used for the FPN LE Passaportes was a bit too thin and prone to breaking.

The only nib that could not make me happy was the titan nib on my T model.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Hi David.

I have the 1.1 14k on my first Etruria, the plain black piston. It was if I remember correctly my first italic, with many more after that.

Then in 2011 I got the 0.9 18k on my FPN LE. Also a great nib, although set too tightly by Stipula out of the box.

And I have two steel 1.1 italics on two passaportes, one the factory italic, very nice, the other a factory italic modified by Wimg for doublesided use. Very special. These steel italics are very smooth.

They are good pens, only the plastic used for the FPN LE Passaportes was a bit too thin and prone to breaking.

The only nib that could not make me happy was the titan nib on my T model.

D.ick

Thanks for your reply.

I am eager to see how the Stipula 14Kt 1.1mm italic nib writes. Most of the italic nibs I use have been custom ground, even those that were factory italics, e.g., Pelikan M800 IB and Conway-Stewart Italic nibs.

David

I like the "grained marble" (does it even exist?) effect a lot.

Congratulations on your purchase, I'm happy for you :)

I like the "grained marble" (does it even exist?) effect a lot.

Congratulations on your purchase, I'm happy for you :)

Thanks, Raskolnikov!

I think the "grained marble" is supposed to look like sandstone. Whatever. I like the look.

David

Yeah, I meant I wasn't sure if the term existed, in english. :)

I also like the trim very much. Just one small question, as I was considering getting one myself: I tend to prefer "heftier" or "chunkier" pens, how would you define this one? Compared for example to a 149 or some other pens.

Thanks in advance :)

I have a 0.9 stub on an Etruria, and it is one of my best writers. It has been smooth, and has handled a wide range of papers and inks with aplomb.

The nib and the pen are stare-worthy.

gary

Yeah, I meant I wasn't sure if the term existed, in english. :)

I also like the trim very much. Just one small question, as I was considering getting one myself: I tend to prefer "heftier" or "chunkier" pens, how would you define this one? Compared for example to a 149 or some other pens.

Thanks in advance :)

I believe the term in Italian is "pietra arenaria."

The Casa Mila is exactly the length of a Pelikan M800. The barrel is a bit thicker, but the section is a bit thinner. The Casa Mila weighs about 8 g more than the M800 (31 vs 39g, inked). Please note I have the piston version. The C/C version is presumably the same size but may be lighter.

David

I have a 0.9 stub on an Etruria, and it is one of my best writers. It has been smooth, and has handled a wide range of papers and inks with aplomb.

The nib and the pen are stare-worthy.

gary

Gary,

Is the 0.9 stub steel or gold? Just how stubbish vs crisp is it? I have a passaporto with a steel 1.1 mm italic nib that has respectable thick/thin line differentiation.

Thanks.

David

wow this is golden, beautiful pen. wow

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort. B*****d stole my kill.'

-Squadron Leader K. G. Holland, RAF. WWII China.

wow this is golden, beautiful pen. wow

Thanks for commenting. And I'm sure you know it looks much more beautiful in the hand than on the screen. :)

David

P.S. It writes really, really nicely too.

The .9 stub is a gold nib. It has line variation, but the corners are rounded. It isn't crisp, or edged, so it less particular about the angle it is held at.

gary

The .9 stub is a gold nib. It has line variation, but the corners are rounded. It isn't crisp, or edged, so it less particular about the angle it is held at.

gary

cursive italic

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort. B*****d stole my kill.'

I believe the term in Italian is "pietra arenaria."

The Casa Mila is exactly the length of a Pelikan M800. The barrel is a bit thicker, but the section is a bit thinner. The Casa Mila weighs about 8 g more than the M800 (31 vs 39g, inked). Please note I have the piston version. The C/C version is presumably the same size but may be lighter.

David

Thanks for you precise answer, most kind of you!

In the market for one...

I believe you, I may use that pen as a eyedropper. I do love how it looks, Itd turn heads at parties and meetings for sure. my old Delta dolcevita pistonfiller turned heads at both. This one I am pretty sure turn heads again I just love how the cap and bands are . It looks drop forged too ( halves of sand block and poured metal in the cavities and pounded with a soft hammer to break sand block open and then buff the metal) a unique skill ! i dont remember anyone using drop forged other than jewelers, or something

Edited by GTOZack