Du Pont Audrey Hepburn Fountain Pen Alternative

Tessy Moon

I love the look of this pen but it is way out of my price range. I have seen it selling for around $550 up to $800. I can not justify spending that much on one pen, no matter how beautiful it is. I am sure my husband would blow a gasket if I even mentioned it. :yikes:

http://www.pengallery.com/product_images/f/714/ST_Dupont_Limited_Edition_Audrey_Hepburn_FP__61778_zoom.jpg

Does anyone know of any fountain pens that are similar in style/color but more affordable (around $100 or so?) I don't care about brand name as long as it is reliable and works well.

I would love to have a light pink pen. I am really taken with the look of the white and light pink together as well.

I love the shape of the barrel; slim yet shapely. As for the cap, I prefer rounded over squared shapes.I don't care for the diamond design on the top of the cap either.

Silver or gold trim is fine.

So here are my priorities in order:

1. Color: Pink; preferably light pink or white & pink (No demonstrators)

2. Nib: Something smooth and consistently a good writer ( I am willing to purchase a nib separately if there is a good one you can recommend that will fit the pen).

3. Shape: I like slim (not stick thin) with some shape to the barrel and prefer rounded ends.

4. Price: Around $100

5. Has a converter to use bottled ink.(This is not a deal breaker though since I could fill an empty cartridge with ink, but it is more of a hassle.)

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or is it hopeless dreaming? :wub:

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tessy Moon

• hulya

• jar

• DRWWE

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a Parker IM and also Vector.

The Diplomat Traveler.

Pilot makes a pink VP.

There is the little Monteverde Poquito.

Well, I don't personally write with pink pens, but there is the Platinum Plaisir (similar color to the one you showed), Monteverde Poquito, Lamy Al-Star (more of a dark rose/purple, there was a pink Safari). I believe they would all be under your price limit. Go to Goulet Pens and type "pink" in the search box.

I really should not be recommending a pen I've never met in person, let alone used, being sold by a seller who may or may not be reputable, on a site I no longer buy from, but I have to post this:

http://www.amazon.com/Platinum-Affection-Fountain-Pen-Metallic/dp/B006CQSTNG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

since it appears to match the description in your post almost perfectly.

ETA: Converters are available here, in case the pen doesn't come with one:

http://www.jetpens.com/Platinum-Affection-Fountain-Pens/ct/1201

Edited by hulya

While the pen is beautiful and the colors seem evocative of Audrey Hepburn if you try, I think all these pens named after personalities are a stretch and fall short. Audrey Hepburn as a young woman was so beautiful that the pen can't do her justice. Not that I condemn the company for commercializing on her reputation and beauty, but it just seems in the word of the young people I work with, lame. It's nice, but I really don't see the connection of any of these pens, this one, all those Montblancs, none of them. They are making dustables.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them - Dave Berry

Min danske webshop med notesbøger, fyldepenne og blæk

Sailor Procolor Shikisai Series #1- Sakura

http://sailorshop.jp/pic-labo/11-0500-231_02.jpg

$45.90 at engeika

http://www.engeika.com/product/743

Thank you for the suggestion! I have never seen this one before, though of course I have heard of Sailor.

I do really like the look of this one!!

Does anyone know if the nib is smooth/good writer?

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

• 2 weeks later...

I know I am a bit late for the party, but...

+1 for Plaisir pink

Also, here is my favorite pink pen.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ines-Fressange-SN264037A-Cherry-Fountain/dp/B00802WMM4/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1394970911&sr=8-8&keywords=ines+de+la+fressange+fountain+pen

It is not solid pink, but I think it is so beautiful. It is a great, smooth writer. The nib only comes in M, and it is closer to B. (Then again, I mostly use F or EF, so it might seem even bigger than it actually is.) Ines de la Fressange is a former French supermodel who started her own line of products. Since non-EU residents don't have to pay the VAT, that more or less offset the shipping cost.

This one is a pocket pen. I have two pens by Ohto- one is a full-length Dude and the other is a pocket pen in silver, both are great.

http://www.jetpens.com/Ohto-Tasche-Fountain-Pen-Fine-Nib-Pink-Body/pd/634

And here is one more rose pink pen... I have never used this one, but Faber-Castell makes great pens with super-smooth nibs. It is a bit over your price limit, but just in case...

http://www.amazon.com/Graf-Faber-Castell-Initio-Rose-Fountain/dp/B00EUAM57C/ref=sr_1_3?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1394970783&sr=1-3&keywords=initio+rose

For a second I had my Hepburns mixed up...that may be an Audry, but Katherine wouldn't be caught dead with it.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.