Pretty Bottles...woooooo

Chuasam

Fess up! I know we all do it.

How many of us choose a particular ink because the bottle was really really really pretty.

What was the last bottle of ink you got because you thought that the bottle looked gorgeous.

Mine was this bottle...it sits on my desk

so pretty

post-111250-0-73604700-1393728465_thumb.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Tessy Moon

• mhguda

• Eastree

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sailor Jentle Ink (Tangerine) with its plastic nib-saver insert. Gorgeous glass. But Iro is always pretty with the nib dip in the bottom, not shown in the pic.

Yep, I have totally bought for the bottle on occasion. (Not just ink, I have a bottle of crystal skull vodka just for the same reason). Last bottle of ink I bought for the bottle for was the new Caran d'Arche. I went for Electric Orange and ended up loving the colour.

Yep, I have totally bought for the bottle on occasion. (Not just ink, I have a bottle of crystal skull vodka just for the same reason). Last bottle of ink I bought for the bottle for was the new Caran d'Arche. I went for Electric Orange and ended up loving the colour.

That's one whose sample I *didn't* get when I ordered some from Goulet last week. Perhaps that wasn't a good decision!

That's one whose sample I *didn't* get when I ordered some from Goulet last week. Perhaps that wasn't a good decision!

It is my first orange ink so I don't have much to compare it to. I went with the orange because I had stopped the store to see if they received their back-ordered Apache Sunset, which they hadn't. It doesn't have the amount of shading I have seen with posted reviews of Apache, but it has some and is a very pretty, bright orange. Lol - I never imagined myself as an orange ink person, but I am totally loving it. I might have to bite the bullet on shipping and check out some more orange samples for comparison. After all, orange is the new black. :-)

Yes it's a beautiful bottle and the bonus? Shin-Kai is an even more beautiful ink!

Herbin 1640 AKA Rouge Hematite...

And MB blue-black, but I like the ink too!

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

Let's see: Rouge Hematite, Sailor Jentil and Kobe inks, Iroshizuku, Graf von Faber Castell Moss Green, and Mont Blanc Royal Blue.

Not a one is an ink I won't use, but in all cases I chose them at least in part due to the awesome bottles.

Akkerman brown, in first place, but I also got two Lamy inks because the shape of the bottle appealed to me. The ink really is only so-so for me.

But now that I think about it, I may unbox my Montblanc bottles... Those I buy for the ink, but the bottles are beautiful too. The thing is that they are very well protected in the box, and you can easily fill a pen with the ink sitting in the box, so no risk of spilling ink anywhere... and those five boxes sit up above my desk in a neat row. And, I will confess, my dip bottle (to get pens started if they balk, and to rinse off excess ink, etc) was also bought because of its shape. It came with a scented oil which took forever to dissipate... Here is a picture.

fpn_1393763592__inkywaterbottle.jpg

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I don't buy ink for the bottle. I buy ink for the ink. While I like the look of the Akkerman bottles, the table that had some of their inks for sale at the Ohio Pen Show in November were out of any colors I might have considered buying.

Most of the inks I buy have been initially gotten as samples. If I like the ink, then I'll pick up a full bottle.

That being said, I do really like the J Herbin Anniversary Ink bottles and the Iroshihzuku bottles.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Yes, I also buy my bottle of ink for the ink. But in some cases, the bottle itself does tip me over the edge of purchasing or not. Caran D'Arche Amazon was so alluring in its bottle that I had to buy it just to look at it. I don't use the ink that often since I have found other green inks that are more enjoyable.

What Would The Flying Spaghetti Monster Do?

Mine also would be the J.Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite & Herbin Bleu Ocean...BTW: great writing inks as well...LeRoy

Edited by wnclee

I've been hankering for

http://www.pelikan.com/pulse/vfs-public/img/store_article_images/Writing/High_quality_writing_instruments/Accessoires/popup_images/Edelsteinink_Sapphire.jpg

but i haven't heard the best things about the Pelikan Edelstein range...

such a pity

I generally don't buy ink for the bottle, BUT when I saw Faber-Castell ink bottle, I just HAD to have it...

Nostalgic Impressions Purple Ink in Glass Apothecary Bottle

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/44/de/a9/44dea910ee582b0b8083c975c35e6faa.jpg

I purchased this ink for the gorgeous bottle then fell in love with the ink as well!

I purchased it from here:

http://www.nostalgicimpressions.com/Large_Glass_Apothecary_Jar_Inkwell_with_Ink_p/n4004x.htm

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

I can imagine... and it seems to even infect your tablecloth? That is a beautiful bottle, but the ink does not look half bad either!

That's what actually happened to me with the Akkerman ink. I bought it for the bottle, but I love the ink for both its color and flow properties, now.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I can imagine... and it seems to even infect your tablecloth? That is a beautiful bottle, but the ink does not look half bad either!

That's what actually happened to me with the Akkerman ink. I bought it for the bottle, but I love the ink for both its color and flow properties, now.

It's actually not a tablecloth,it is a couple of my floral journals. (Pretty on the outside but the paper isn't the greatest. I don't mind though. I use my really nice paper for letters anyway.) I set up the photo using a decorative suitcase-style-box I purchased from Hobby Lobby (love them!), I stacked a few books and journals inside to show off the ink bottle and then my glass dip pen because it is just so lovely to use with the glass apothecary bottle. :)

I am in love with just about anything floral, pretty, pink or purple ♥

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1