The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

R&k Partial Iron-Gall Mix - This Time In Pink!

ink ink mix r&k rohrer and klingner

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yogalarva

yogalarva

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 February 2014 - 00:09

Here today with another ink mix.  Another pair of Rohrer & Klingner inks, this time Scabiosa and Solferino, 3:2.

Pink IG pre soak.jpeg

The resulting color dries dark enough to make it usable for taking notes and even doing homework, as long as your professors aren’t too picky.  :-)  It has the positive effects of the IG (water resistance, low feathering and bleeding…) while still being nice and vibrant.

Speaking of water resistance, here are the results of the soak test:

Pink IG post soak.jpeg

Like my previous partial IG mix, it remains readable after getting wet, though I certainly wouldn’t count on it being good for writing my memoirs while scuba diving.  

The paper used for this test is a page from my pocket sized Ecosystem journal, and all inks would bought with my own money and all opinions expressed above are entirely my own.

Fountain pen blog | Personal blog

Current collection: Pilot Vanishing Point, TWSBI Vac 700, Kaweco Al Sport, Lamy Safari, Nemosine Singularity

Sponsored Content

#2 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,692 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 March 2014 - 22:19

I haven't found a suitable paper for writing my memoirs while scuba diving ... even that Write in the Rain stuff which is great in the rain, is crummy with a fountain pen.

Alas, this is impressive.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#3 Biber

Biber

...but that was another lifetime

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 23:00

Kinda reminds me of Noodler's Highland Heather.

"What? What's that? WHAT?!!! SPEAK UP, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!" - Ludwig van Beethoven.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, ink mix, r&k, rohrer and klingner

Sponsored Content

|