Any Clubs In Utah?

mtnbiker62

Yes, you did. It would have been a long drive for you, though!

Hopefully, Matt will set up another one for us soon.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mulrich

• Matt

• petitato07

• magicspeller

Shucks! I missed it, too.

I hope we can find another time, perhaps splitting the difference between Salt Lake and Provo? Or, if people are willing to come to the City, maybe something in conjunction with Tabula Rasa?

Darn! Sounds like I missed a great meet up. Will there be anything scheduled again soon? I am in Northern Utah in the Cache Valley area.

I'm moving to Cache Valley later this year. Maybe we'll get enough of us to have a meeting in Logan or Ogden.

• 2 weeks later...

My family and I won't make the move west until later in the year, likely December but hopefully a couple months sooner. We'd rather not move from South Carolina (hot year round) to Logan in December, for the sake of our children.

Gosh! I hear you there. Well when you get here and are established, let me know. Maybe we can plan a pen meet up for other FP users. And if you need help as you settle in the Cache Valley area, let me know. I can help you make local connections if you don't have many.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Should another Utah meetup occur, I'd love to attend any potential meetups along the Wasatch front area! I'm Provo-based and a real newbie to fountain pens. I'm sad to see the Pioneer Books one passed me by without me knowing!

I could probably make it to a meeting. Driving down from Boise, so I'd be limited to Friday afternoon, Saturday, or Sunday. I'll keep an eye on this thread....

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I will be moving from Germany to Salt Lake City in July and would enjoy meeting everyone. I have told my current friends too many of my pen stories and preferences - in truth, they care very little about the wonders of a repostable cap!!!! "The horror, the horror!"

Brian

Darn 2! I missed it as well. I'd love to know if there is a follow up meeting. I also have a granddaughter in Jr. Hi I'd like to get involved in the jr hi group of that's possible.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got into fountain pens like 3 weeks ago and can't get them out of my head. I watch like 5 to 10 video's a day and started practicing my long hand. I'm so sorry I missed this and would love to talk to any one and would love to meetup with anyone that know more. I would have a space to meet if we all want to meet in Salt Lake. Just let me know a number of people. Let's do another get together.

I just got into fountain pens like 3 weeks ago and can't get them out of my head. I watch like 5 to 10 video's a day and started practicing my long hand. I'm so sorry I missed this and would love to talk to any one and would love to meetup with anyone that know more. I would have a space to meet if we all want to meet in Salt Lake. Just let me know a number of people. Let's do another get together.

TheOpenHouseGuy, it sounds like you and I are in a similar mental state right now. A meetup would be a fun way to cement this into a real obsession, and I would be more likely to go if it were in Salt Lake.

Thisisntfunnyanymore,

If you know a way to get in touch with all the fountain pen hobbits in Salt Lake, Utah, or Davis County like by email or something. I can put something together and maybe we can meet like once a month or something. Let me know if you have any idea's.

I'm new here too (less than a week - still on probation). It appears Matt would be the one who would have e-mails for non-FPN members who have previously attended a meetup, and hopefully FPN members are getting notifications that the thread is active.

My recommendation would be for you to pick a date and time that works with your location, post the details here, and see who shows up. If you continue semi-regularly (monthly or bi-monthly) attendance should build slowly. Attendance may be slow in the summer, and I'm not sure whether people would be more available weekday evenings or weekends.

• 2 months later...

I am up in Pocatello, but I come down to work in Utah at least once a month if not more. I would love to meet up as well. I will connect up with my daughter who lives there, and I waited for her to get off work. So to pass the time I told her I was going to Tabula Rasa. She wasn't that impressed :)

Let me know, I would like to see if I could make it.

Marty

Fountain Pens. Seiko Watches, Classic Vespa Scooters...the holy trilogy.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/iam2mean4u/Martin005-1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi all! I'm coming to the end of one of the craziest years of my life, and as the new year starts, I'm going to have a little more time to dedicate to my hobbies. I would be willing to organize another gathering...in the Ogden area this time...if there is still any interest. Let me know if you would be interested in a meet up sometime in January or February, and I'll put something together.