Waterman Edson Emerald And 100 Patrician

vikrmbedi

I came across these two on appleboom.

waterman Edson emerald

waterman 100 patrician

so basically after removing vat(21%) for non EU members like me, and another 25% off(their special anniversary promotion using the code: congrats ) and with free wordwide shipping ...the Edson costs 350 euros and the patrician 180 euros.

I wish I hadn't blown my pen budget on a gvfc gold anello but dennis (la courrone du comte) offered me a good price.

anyways a good deal to had for those who have the money.

not affiliated to either stores.

vikram

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• vikrmbedi

• RMN

• Calamus plasticus

They must have had that Emerald since 1989...its been out of production since then. In fact I think it was only produced for 1 year.

Hmmm, I hope you have not sent them money,

This Man 100 looks rather dubious.

Edited by Force

They must have had that Emerald since 1989...its been out of production since then. In fact I think it was only produced for 1 year.

Hmmm, I hope you have not sent them money,

This Man 100 looks rather dubious.

I know that the emerald has been out of production, but I didn't know that it was produced for only one year in 1989.

as far as money is concerned, if I had not spent it already, I would have sent it.

do you think that these pens are lemons ? I have only heard good things about appleboom, even though I haven't actually ordered from them before.

Edited by vikrmbedi

I am not saying there is a problem but to advertise what I consider a rare Edson with 30% + discount and show a Liaison instead of a Man 100 which is really obvious I would ask questions from them first. Not to mention a Man 100 Patrician at £230 when they too are becoming sought after. Just seems a sprat to catch a mackerel to me...but who am I when they just might be some very good deals.

If you look over on the Waterman forum there is a current topic on the cost of repairing Edson sections...it alone is now over £500, so a complete and rare Emerald must be worth the dabble if truely at that price,

Edited by Force

I tried to find the name of the model that they had advertised as waterman 100 rollerball but couldn't... so it is a liaison. I don't know why but I thought it was a la etalon, but a quick google search proved me wrong.

they are celebrating a 25 year anniversary of their store in Netherlands...may be they came upon some old stock of pens from that time while clearing their store inventory...

and force...not to mention and additional 25% off on both the pens by entering the promo code "congrats" during checkout. i.e 180 pounds effectively for the patrician. that is the reason I though of posting these to here as I meant to give a head ups to fpn members... for a deal I couldn'nt afford. I guess I should have collected extra information, before posting about it.

may if some fpn Netherlands member can check them out at their store.

What a beatiful pen, force: I own the Diamond, Blue and Green so far, but I am still missing the Ruby... one day I will get a deal like that you've just got with the green, I hope...

Appelboom is a respected B&M shop that has been here on the forum for some years.

It seems they are clearing out old stock as they also found an odd but interesting Cross inkwell in their stock.

I have never bought from them, but have not heard negative either.

Good chance you have a sumgai, Force.

I thought about it, but have to be conservative on the money in the future.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I tried to order one today.

However, the code congrats doesn't work for me.

And they charge 20 euros for shippping.

Did I do something wrong..?

Well, I asked the shop via email.

It turns out the coupon was expired just before a few hours ago. So sad..

• 2 weeks later...

OK I have held back here,

It has been ten days now and since returning the pen I have nothing to show for my £370 outlay, no pen and no funds back into my Paypal account.

Edited by Force

Hmmm.. Bad show...

I hope I will not have to revise my comment about the shop above.......

Good luck Force..

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Nobody to blame but myself....what do we FPN'ers always say, if it looks too good to be true then...you know the rest.

I broke a rule but in my defence, you just would not have expected this to happen.

Edited today 14/03...using Paypal as a safety net.....HHHHuuuuuuuuu. Still no money this mroning or for that matter acknowledgement that the credit goods have been sent.

Edited by Force