The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

What Is Your Opinion Of The Mb 146 Doue 75Th Rose Gold?

146 fountain pen rose gold 75th 1924

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dmvara

dmvara

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2014 - 23:51

So I am also looking for a 146 limited rose gold doue, but was curious to see what the more astute fp aficionados think of this pen.  Is is overkill having a silver cap over a resin body?  I would think the resin body is easier to write with as opposed to an all silver body which i have found to be WAY TOO expensive for my taste.   :yikes:

Even if I could throw down that kind of bling, I think I would shoot myself before I did.  Opinions on the Doue would be appreciated.  Is it overkill and I should just stick with an all resin body?  I know to each his/her own, but it never hurts to get a few opinions.  Thanks!

:D

Sponsored Content

#2 GardenWeasel

GardenWeasel

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:19

Not a rose gold Doue, but I really like my 146 Doue. Sterling over resin isn't overkill to me....

d71119cd3ec43617fe28f69d12093c2f.jpg
Posted Image

#3 orfew

orfew

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,242 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:52

I really like the sliver doue 146. There is a certain elegance to it. 

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

#4 dmvara

dmvara

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:49

Not a rose gold Doue, but I really like my 146 Doue. Sterling over resin isn't overkill to me....

d71119cd3ec43617fe28f69d12093c2f.jpg

You are correct! Beautiful!   :yikes:

#5 GardenWeasel

GardenWeasel

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,622 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:36

Thanks! It's always in the rotation...pocket carry. Just carrying on as an "enabler"... :)
Posted Image

#6 pen jubky

pen jubky

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:41

I love the look of the doue, but I'm partial being the owner of a 162 75th anniversary roller ball with the sterling silver cap and rose gold trim. Fact is however that the plain resin versions are much more sought after and retain better resale value. So if it's an investment your after I'd advice against it. If not, buy whatever sings to you. The pen is stunning, and contrary to it's full resin counterpart there are still a few available on the market at a reasonable price.

I'm including a link that shows the full range of pens to wetten your appetite.
http://www.pensinasi...anniversary.htm

Good luck with the hunt.

#7 musashi

musashi

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:06

The sterling silver cap may need more maintenance for it to remain "clean" and shiny. Sterling tends to stain too. On the looks department, having a silver on black body tends to make the MB look a little less "classier" IMO. I would personally go for an all black resin. If you're really into sterling, might wanna go for the solitaire. But that's just my opinion.

#8 jslallar

jslallar

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2014 - 17:37

Love this pen -  the Duoe. Better than 75th.

Enjoy your pens
Have a nice day
Junaid

#9 dmvara

dmvara

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2014 - 20:23

The sterling silver cap may need more maintenance for it to remain "clean" and shiny. Sterling tends to stain too. On the looks department, having a silver on black body tends to make the MB look a little less "classier" IMO. I would personally go for an all black resin. If you're really into sterling, might wanna go for the solitaire. But that's just my opinion.

Yea, I guess I see your point. Either all resin or all silver in my opinion. Just makes sense.

#10 CS388

CS388

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,976 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 20:44

Not a fan of any of the Doues. I get the idea, but I like the cap and body to be the same material.

Maybe old fashioned of me, but I'd be going for all resin or all silver (or whichever material you're fancing)

Each to their own, though.

Good luck.

#11 dmvara

dmvara

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:57

Not a fan of any of the Doues. I get the idea, but I like the cap and body to be the same material.

Maybe old fashioned of me, but I'd be going for all resin or all silver (or whichever material you're fancing)

Each to their own, though.

Good luck.

Thank you and yes I agree with you after giving it some thought.  A uniform body of resin or of silver is much more appealing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 146, fountain pen, rose gold, 75th, 1924

Sponsored Content

|