• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• notVirtuThe3rd

• 85AKbN

• zerobuttons

• F104

Fantastic shop. Super video. Many thanks for sharing with us.

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

The only 'problem" with the video is that I want to go back to Japan now! Thank you for the video. It was fantastic!

Edited by pw1224

Thank you so much for your posting the hearty comments, friends! If you're interested in Japanese Fountain Pens or Japanese culture itself, please take a look at the URL below and please feel free to comment on the topic. You can watch many kinds of videos I've ever uploaded for FPN there. I bet you'd like it! :)

My primary topic : Masters of the Fountain Pen

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/252498-masters-of-the-fountain-pen/

I always enjoy watching your videos. I can't visit fountain pen stores around here, let alone those in Japan. I'm so jealous!

Thank you for your always watching my videos. Happy to hear that.

Your anchor icon looks so cool! B)

Best regards,

Kota Adachi

Well done, sir! Smooth camera moves, great music and editing, and just the kind of close shots that make me feel like I'm there, browsing the shop.

Thank you for sharing!

--MJ

Hi Kota,

thank you for showing us this. As far as I understand, you live in Matsue. My next stay in Japan has that area on the itinerary, since I would like to see both the Ise-Jingu and Izumo-Taisha shrines. I plan on staying in Matsue for two days, and go out to see Izumo-Taisha while staying there.

Are you able to mention a few places in your area that would also be worth visiting (shops, tourist attractions, nature resorts etc)?

Pilot Capless Black Carbonesque - Pelikan M800 Demonstrator - Pelikan M625 blue -
Montblanc 146 platinum - Rotring 600 series 1 - Lamy Persona black - Lamy 2000 -
Waterman Edson green - Chatterley Visconti Ripple silver/clear - Visconti Homo Sapiens -
Pilot Custom 823 black - Pilot Art Craft Koushi - Nakaya Piccolo Cigar Akatame
Nakaya Portable Writer matte black urushi - Nakaya Titanium Piccolo -

Namiki Emperor red urushi
Pen photos

Well done, sir! Smooth camera moves, great music and editing, and just the kind of close shots that make me feel like I'm there, browsing the shop.

Thank you for sharing!

--MJ

Long time no see, MJ-san.

You know I do like to take pictures or videos. So I'm really glad to hear you said that! :)

Hi Kota,

thank you for showing us this. As far as I understand, you live in Matsue. My next stay in Japan has that area on the itinerary, since I would like to see both the Ise-Jingu and Izumo-Taisha shrines. I plan on staying in Matsue for two days, and go out to see Izumo-Taisha while staying there.

Are you able to mention a few places in your area that would also be worth visiting (shops, tourist attractions, nature resorts etc)?

Wooow, really!? That's sounds exciting.

Yes, I live in center of Matsue city.

If you drop in at Shimane prefecture, I recommend you these places.

Matsue Castle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsSxATZr1to

FP shop - Papylos21 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cActqDIOKVk

Izumo Taisha Grand Shrine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzJ0ZapRmG0

Japanese Garden - Yushi-en -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfvw6c6Xi9M

If you have any questions, please come to ask me on my primary topic. :)

Great, thank you.

Pilot Capless Black Carbonesque - Pelikan M800 Demonstrator - Pelikan M625 blue -
Montblanc 146 platinum - Rotring 600 series 1 - Lamy Persona black - Lamy 2000 -
Waterman Edson green - Chatterley Visconti Ripple silver/clear - Visconti Homo Sapiens -
Pilot Custom 823 black - Pilot Art Craft Koushi - Nakaya Piccolo Cigar Akatame
Nakaya Portable Writer matte black urushi - Nakaya Titanium Piccolo -

Namiki Emperor red urushi
Pen photos

Kota-san,

Thank you for sharing. Your video is truly super. Having a tour inside Nakaya is just like heaven and the music is soooooo soothing. Coincidentally I once watched a video about the maestro Kubo-sensei at Nakaya. You can watch it here (It's in Japanese). In Japan I love going to stationary shops, big or small, Itoya, Shosaikan, Maruzen, Kakimori in Kuramae, to name only a few, and to book stores as well. Every time I need to make a pilgrimage to Jimbocho book town. Those small shops have a special atmosphere in which I feel not only at ease but also at home.

Regards,

Clemente

oh my. this is definitely to be on my "to visit" list. thanks for sharing :thumbup:

-rudy-

Hi there,

The other day, I dropped in at my favorite fountain pen shop called Nakaya ( located in Matsue city, Shimane prefecture, Japan ) to take videos for the members of the FPN. Especially, I would like the members on "Pens from the Land of the Rising Sun" to watch this new video, because I believe some FP lovers here will visit Japan sometime in the future.

I hope you'll enjoy watching the video that I made. :)

Fountain pen shop in Japan - Nakaya Fountain Pen Shop -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aDlFkYhZPY

I saw your vids on YouTube before seeing your posts here. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the vids you post. Especially the ones that show old Japanese men doing their art

Best wishes from Japan,

Kota Adachi

Couldn't watch the videos on my Mac since they use Flash...

While your videos are great, would you also please include some text such as an address to be able to find that pen shop (or the shop's URL or a URL to Google Maps). Besides an address, knowing what subway station AND which exit number would be even more helpful.

Thanks

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Thank you so much for sharing this video! I really wished I had a shop like this to visit where I live.