The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Montblanc Monte Rosa Ink Flow Problem. Any Thoughts? Picture And Text.

monte rosa mont blanc montblanc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MB1337

MB1337

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 February 2014 - 20:29

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/TG23L 

Hey everyone, just got this Monte Rosa from a online-auction house, not sure if its a real MB-MR. The case is that when I write for example, 200 words or so the won't write as well at the end, the ink don't flow until I screw the piston a bit, this is my first pistonfiller so I am not sure if I should turn it everytime to get out some ink every 200 words or its just going to flow automatic. The second picture you can see that the last two straight lines is the last one until the pen stopped totally working, until i twist it again.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks!

Sponsored Content

#2 Pelikan Vera

Pelikan Vera

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 February 2014 - 21:27

The link in your post is not working....but I would think that you will need to give your pen a thorough cleaning and that the ink channel in the feed maybe full of precipitated ink. Fill it with water and let it sit in a vessel with water nib down and see how much ink comes out by gravity. Hope this clears the channel.

#3 MB1337

MB1337

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 February 2014 - 22:24

UEZ67u4.jpg?1

Ruvy70T.jpg

NPfrSRy.jpgBjrEmyF.jpg

#4 MB1337

MB1337

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 February 2014 - 22:27

The link in your post is not working....but I would think that you will need to give your pen a thorough cleaning and that the ink channel in the feed maybe full of precipitated ink. Fill it with water and let it sit in a vessel with water nib down and see how much ink comes out by gravity. Hope this clears the channel.

I now posted some pictures! I posted this pictures on reddit and someone said the pen should not be flexed, however this pen is super flexible. Nib is medium size. I'm used to a parker 51, and I tend to push a little, not like a rollerball. 

I got this pen today, flushed it really well by water. Flushed it about 10 times until the water came out almost clear.

Edit: You can clearly see on the first picture when i Wrote Sweden really bad SW is lacking ink however Eden is rich. Also there is a small gap between the nib and the feed! 

Edited by MB1337, 13 February 2014 - 22:30.

#5 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:42

It seems from the writing sample posted that you are pushing too hard on the nib. Use 1/10th of the pressure.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: monte rosa, mont blanc, montblanc

Sponsored Content

|