I just bought an old MB 146 on eBay, and I wonder if it is genuine.
Some things seem to be OK:
- The resine is reasonably translucent and has the ruby glow
- The letters on the ring of the cap seem OK
- Germany is engraved on the clip
- There is no serial No and no "Pix" on the clip, but I understand they did not always have that before 1990.
- What worries me is that the ornaments on the nip are simpler than the modern ones. No ornaments above the snowflake. Or perhaps old models looked like that?
- Most of all. The nib says 14 K, but the colour of it is not golden but more brownish, so it looks more like copper or brass. Has anyone seen pens of that colour? It does not react to magnetos like a compass needle, so at least it should not be steel.