The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Looking For A Replacement Nib On Wearever Pen

wearever nib

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 parkerdpetesron

parkerdpetesron

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:46

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I'm looking for a replacement nib and feed for my Wearever I don't know what model. It's a pen/pencil. I understand that these are relatively common and not of the highest quality, but I do think it looks rather neat. I do know that the current nib is after market that reads Moore Iridium Duo-tip not the smoothest writing nib, also the feed likes to keep me high and dry. I don't know what types of nibs would fit this sort of pen so I'm asking you guys. Please help me with this if you can.

temporary-12.jpg

temporary-13.jpg

temporary-14.jpg

temporary-15.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Indy_Pen_Dance

Indy_Pen_Dance

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2014 - 14:30

If you can measure the nib, I might have a replacement.  Please contact me via email as I am going to be at the pen bench most of the day.

#3 PDW

PDW

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 14:40

Why do you want to replace the nib and feed? If ink flow is poor I'd remove the nib/feed and check that the ink channels aren't blocked. Dried ink can block the narrow channels completely. Adjust the nib so it's well-aligned and tight to the feed, reassemble, and then gently take down any hard edges on the tip from the previous owner's writing style, and you'll probably have a pen that works very nicely.

If you're new to all this there's plenty of good advice for each of the jobs on this forum.

Edited by PDW, 11 February 2014 - 14:42.

#4 parkerdpetesron

parkerdpetesron

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 19:59

Thank you for the response, Indy and PDW. I have never done work on a nib before. PDW, I have only ever swapped parts. Where would I learn how to do all of that work?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wearever, nib

Sponsored Content

|