The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Parker 45 Flighter Stripped Down

parker flighter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Spikey Mike

Spikey Mike

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2014 - 21:34

03.jpg

I bought a "New Old Stock" Parker 45 Flighter on Ebay a little while back and was amused to find that it had not been stuck together properly when it was put together so all I needed to do was unscrew the end cap and the clip screw and it fell apart into it's component parts (except for the ink collector that is fixed into the shell section). I thought it would be a good opportunity to have a good look into just what makes up the pen.

pen01.jpg pen02.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 sargetalon

sargetalon

The answer to life, the universe, and everything

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,098 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2014 - 22:05

Great pics! I've never had to take mine apart but this will be great if I ever do. Thanks for sharing.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count.  My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

#3 mtraug11

mtraug11

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 22:09

Interesting to see how the black end cap is threaded on to the barrel insert.  I have, I thought, the same Parker 45, but the end cap just spins freely.  I have never been able to get it off which is annoying.  Mine does not appear to have the plastic insert in the barrel.

#4 OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2014 - 22:15

There is also a P-51 style collector inside the section that you can't see here.

I'm not sure How they are attached but I have had one come out the converter end before.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

#5 Spikey Mike

Spikey Mike

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:59

That was the one bit that was properly fixed into place on this pen Bruce. I decided not to hammer it out as the shell section isn't too bad on this pen, ie the plastic shrinkage problem, so it might come in useful one day. One day I will have a go on a badly shrunk one!

pen01.jpg pen02.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, flighter

Sponsored Content

|