The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Trying To Id: Very Nice Pen, "gt" Or "ct" On Top, Unique Clip With Gem

roller ball brand id

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gkatona3

Gkatona3

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2014 - 19:42

I have a large, rather heavy roller ball that I am trying to identify.  It is a beautiful bright blue and black striated color with dark silver trim.  The clip is unique -- it is an elongated oval (or standard-like clip with rounded points on both ends) and it has a gem mounted in the center of the clip -- it looks like a moonstone or opal.  There is a "GT" or "CT" on the top -- The "T" appears to be in bold type and it is solid.  It sits at the bottom of the "C", making it look like a  "G", or overlaps the "G".  The C/G is an open font style, often referred to as "Roman" engraving style.  It has a Waterman refill but it may not be original.  I am attaching photos.  It is a beautiful pen and I hope I can get help identifying it.... Thanks

Attached Images

• Unidentified Blue Pen 1.JPG
  • Unidentified Blue Pen 3.JPG
  • Unidentified Blue Pen 4.JPG

Edited by Gkatona3, 08 February 2014 - 19:50.

Sponsored Content

#2 Gkatona3

Gkatona3

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2014 - 13:31

As I continue to work on cataloging my pen collection, I am still trying to identify this pen.  I have the same one in purple.  I thought someone might recognize the logo (GT or CT) -- can anyone help?

#3 Gkatona3

Gkatona3

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2016 - 17:19

Over a year later and I'm still working on identifying this pen.  I thought the logo on the pen cap might help but so far, no luck.  Can anyone help?

#4 Gkatona3

Gkatona3

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:19

In case anyone is interested, I finally identified the pens as Taccia Doric -- yay!

#5 dogpoet

dogpoet

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 13:54

Nice work, I'm glad you got there in the end.

That's a very nice looking pen indeed, so I can see why you were so keen to identify it. How does it feel in the hand?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roller ball, brand, id

Sponsored Content

|