The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Aurora Firenze review

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tienlong

Tienlong

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:38

Aurora Firenze... when I first lay hands on this pen we really bonded. Medium sized pen, well balance even with the elaborate gold overlay.

Nib: 18K gold nib, M writes more like a fine, and it has a nice flex, but when i first tried this pen it had a little scratch and from my experience with Aurora that seemed to be an issue with a lot of the 18k M or F nib. After breaking in Firenze it wrote like butter.

8/10

Attached Images

• IMG_0847.jpg

Edited by Tienlong, 23 February 2007 - 04:38.

Sponsored Content

#2 Tienlong

Tienlong

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:49

Body:

I really liked the porportions. Firenze's body is well balanced, built in convertor. With the cap posted it's boarder line top heavy, without the cap it's a little too light for me. The cap is a screw on... which caused me some problems. The gold overlay's glue wore off so when I screw or unscrew the gold overlay turns with the thread which is a little annoying. That also happened to the Montegrappa's that i've written with. Thinking of solutions to that problem... any suggestions?

6/10

Attached Images

• IMG_0849.jpg

#3 Tienlong

Tienlong

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:57

even though the cap is a little flaw, I LOVE THE CAP. And Aurora built-in convertor fills like a well. Aurora Firenze Solid pen, good price for a LP and to me the cap's inspiring.

Attached Images

• IMG_0848.jpg

#4 alvarez57

alvarez57

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:37

rolleyes.gif
Gorgeous red!
Enjoy!!!!

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

#5 southpaw

southpaw

Museum Piece

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,232 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 01:22

Nice review!

If I'm not mistaken, the pen is a true piston filler as opposed to a captive converter.

As to the cap, I'd send it to Aurora's Customer Service folks. In the US, it's Kenro. Here's the info for the person I've dealt with there:

Danny Lowe
Project Coordinator
Kenro Industries
393 Jericho Turnpike, Suite 2
Mineola, NY 11501
O - 516-741-0011
F - 516-741-0125
dlowe@kenroindustries.com

Enjoy your great pen, and thanks for sharing!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

#6 325irollin

325irollin

Sith Lord

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:22

expensive!

nice review!

drool.gif

#7 Dillo

Dillo

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:56

Hi,

Aurora pens are true piston fillers. smile.gif It's one of the more solid and robust mechanisms there are out there. IMO It's a step up from a Pelikan in general piston mechanism quality. smile.gif

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Dillon

#8 Demonstrative Pen Collector

Demonstrative Pen Collector

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:07

QUOTE (Tienlong @ Feb 23 2007, 05:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aurora Firenze... when I first lay hands on this pen we really bonded. Medium sized pen, well balance even with the elaborate gold overlay.

Nib: 18K gold nib, M writes more like a fine, and it has a nice flex, but when i first tried this pen it had a little scratch and from my experience with Aurora that seemed to be an issue with a lot of the 18k M or F nib. After breaking in Firenze it wrote like butter.

8/10

Just a question. Do you feel that the Firenze is better balanced (unposted) than the normal 88 (unposted)?

Sponsored Content

|