The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Announcement: New Privacy Policy
Please note that as of today, May 25, 2018, a new Privacy & Cookie Policy is in force, compliant with the GDPR. By continuing to use FPN, you accept this new policy.
You may find the new policy by clicking the button or link at the bottom of each page called "Privacy Policy", or alternatively by clicking below:

New Privacy Policy
***** The FPN Admin Team *****

Photo

Chinese Made Cross Vs Usa/irish Made Cross Pens

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Matlock

Matlock

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2018 - 17:18

I know this is an old thread but my views may be of interest. I bought a Century BP (Irish) in 1981, after a week the clip end came loose and eventually fell off. I contacted Cross in the UK and the cap was replaced and I still use that pen today. Not bad after 37 years. This proves that, sometimes quality control can fall short wherever a pen is made. I have never had any issues with any other Cross pens that I own and I find that Chinese quality control is just as good as US or Irish QC. I think we would all like to see manufacture moved back to our own country, whatever the product, but it is the way of the world that production is moved to the cheapest source. Even Leica cameras (and I have several) are made in Portugal now and only assembled in Germany. I would think it is highly unlikely that Cross will return production to the USA, but you never know.

Peter

Sponsored Content

#42 Inkling13

Inkling13

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2018 - 18:59

Cross has Sailor making a FP under the Cross name.

#43 Matlock

Matlock

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2018 - 19:11

Cross has Sailor making a FP under the Cross name.

Sailor only make the nibs.

Peter

Sponsored Content

|