The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Stipula Speed Fountain Pen

stipula stipula speed

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 FedericoMedina

FedericoMedina

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 October 2014 - 17:32

I have one of these and despite the issues some people here have had i have had a wonderful experience with mine.

I purchased mine used from someone here on the fpn. later on I noticed it had a tiny crack in the nib housing which caused a tiny leak. I sent it to Yafa who happily replaced it for me free of charge.

it originally came to me with a M nib which wrote wonderfully. once i sent it back to yafa for the replacement i asked for a .9 italic since they decided to replace the pen.

The nib screws out of the pen and the nib pulls out from the nib section. so it is possible to make your own adjustments. With the original M nib it wrote perfectly but the newer .9 italic was a very dry nib. After some adjustments by me (took less then 10 minutes to get it perfect) it was a smooth wet writer. Just like i like my pens.

needless to say it has become a daily carry pen which i have used since i purchased it here on the FPN.

FullSizeRender_zps82f10c5e.jpg

Sponsored Content

#22 Ayami_109

Ayami_109

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:48

I took my chance and recently ordered one from the website Massdrop. They only offered the white but I thought it was a reasonable price at about AU$60.00 including international shipping. I'm a bit worried that it will be dry/won't write given the reviews I've read but I had also heard some positive things too. I'm hoping I will be lucky with this pen. I had been eyeing this pen for a number of months due to its unique form, mostly the S shape between the body and cap. The grip section also looks interesting with the grooves though I'm sure having to wipe out the ink after each refill is going to annoy me. 

#23 ultraman60

ultraman60

Crazy from the ink!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 00:43

Hello All,

I have had my speed for several months now, and I am very lucky! I got a great deal on one from Ed at Century Pens. I have the Italic nib and it is great! I bought this pen for the "cool" factor, as it looks like something from the 50's, but it has become a daily writer for me. I did have to fill and empty the pen a few times to get it to suck up the ink. But once primed, it will fill nicely. As I said, I use this pen daily, so starting up is not an issue. Flow is a bit on the dry side, but it is very smooth. Stipula makes more expensive pens for sure, But for the price point, I have a great daily writer that gets a lot of "wow what a cool pen" remarks!

Regards,

Felix

#24 GHigley

GHigley

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:46

Pardon the cross-posting.  These are my initial impressions:

I just received a matte black and silver Speed on a half-price deal though Massdrop, also with the 0.9 mm stub.  I'd not tried a Stipula, so for 50 bucks I thought I'd give it a go.  

The ribbed plastic section isn't easily cleaned with just a wipe so I gave it a quick rinse with a small stream under the tap.  I'm not fond of the captive converter - I'm not sure if the pen is user serviceable.  Can it can be taken apart past unscrewing the nib unit?  The design is different and attractive, but I don't find the section comfortable - certainly not for longer writing sessions.  The stub nib is decent but nothing special.  I like the magnetic cap closure.  The pen materials feel cheap and it doesn't look all that well made.  For fifty bucks I expect better - at retail of around a hundred, it's a rip-off.  

Edited by GHigley, 02 August 2015 - 15:02.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stipula, stipula speed

Sponsored Content

|