Nemosine Singularity/fission: What's The Catch?

Emperor

Karl, methinks you've misunderstood Behike. I believe that he is saying that while it may be a ROC-based company, the pen is assembled in the PRC. This just as some BMWs are assembled in the USA, it seems to entitle the company to call their car German product

Edited by k3eax

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KBeezie

• Bookman

• GHigley

• TSherbs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I own a Fission. For $10 more I think the all-metal $24 Fission is better buy that $14 plastic body Singularity. Fission writes very well. Only problem I have noted is it's easy to scratch the finish on the pen - after just a few writing sessions I hd concentric ring scratches all around top of pen where you screw it on to post. Other than that it's a great pen. I may order a few more in nickel and pewter.

Karl, methinks you've misunderstood Behike. I believe that he is saying that while it may be a ROC-based company, the pen is assembled in the PRC. This just as some BMWs are assembled in the USA, it seems to entitle the company to call their car German product

Nemosine is based in the United States, Pennsylvania to be specific.

• 3 weeks later...

Not on topic, but THANK YOU!! For showing me Nemosine, they look great and I never really paid much attention to them. I also just like the names of the pens :P (Science nerd)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I recently got a Singularity Demonstrator with a .8mm nib. It wrote sort of dry at first but now is starting to get into an acceptable level of wetness. Very smooth, easy and natural.

I love how the pen feels in my hand and how it looks. Would love to convert to eyedropper so would love to hear others experiences with this. Is it stable as an eyedropper? Does it spurt out ink when the ink level is low?

All comments appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased a Nemosine Sigularity Demonstrator with an extra fine nib 6 months ago from Amazon, No problems so far, it starts easily and writes smoothly. I find myself using this pen much more than the more expensive pens in my collection. Plan to purchase a few more. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

The barrel of the Singularity is pretty cheap plastic I am sure. Probably cheap materials is the catch, and a brand that is not as well known as something like Lamy. I have a singularity demonstrated, and while it may not be robust or very smooth, it is a very good looking and enjoyable pen to use that has never given me any problems.

Edited by tleek

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I recently got a Singularity Demonstrator with a .8mm nib. It wrote sort of dry at first but now is starting to get into an acceptable level of wetness. Very smooth, easy and natural.

I love how the pen feels in my hand and how it looks. Would love to convert to eyedropper so would love to hear others experiences with this. Is it stable as an eyedropper? Does it spurt out ink when the ink level is low?

All comments appreciated.

fpn_1425884022__nemosine-singularity-pen

These are mine, both two years old. The red one sports a recently-purchased Goulet #6 EF nib and is using a converter; the demonstrator, filled with BSB in ED mode, has a stock F. Both pens have done regular duty as eyedroppers. I have never had any problems with leakage or with erratic flow when the ink volume has gotten low. In fact, when in ED mode I have never had any problems of any kind that resulted from the conversion.

I prefer to use them in ED mode because of the extra heft. And I do use them that way whenever I think I can stand to have the same ink in the pen for up to two months. I don't use these as daily writers; and because the barrels hold so much ink, it usually takes about two months for me to empty them. (Visconti Blue and Omas Blue have been the most used inks. This is BSB's first time in one of these pens in ED mode. It has been in the demonstrator just over one week. I anticipate permanent staining, but as I'm a blue-ink man I think I can live with it.)

Edited by Bookman

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.