The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

English Parker Duofold Aerometric

parker duofold aerometric

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 usk15

usk15

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:09

Hi

I have a Parker Duofold Senior aerometric from 50's. Is nothing wrong with the pen, but i would like to change the nib from medium/broad to a fine tip. So I'm asking you guys how can I remove the nib and what nib should I get to replace. I would like a fine smooth nib, not flexible, not important if is not Parker.

Nick

x59w.jpg

8uve.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Lyander0012

Lyander0012

One Who Wanders With The Water

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:25

If you want a finer nib, then the solution's as simple as sending the pen off to your nearest nibmeister to have the tipping material ground down to the width of your preference! It's increasing stroke width that's a bit of an issue (because you'll have to add tipping material to the nib, on top of having to smoothen it out).

Hmm, there are a lot of meisters who are based in the UK, from what I can remember, so I don't think you'll have any trouble there.

Cheers!

Kevin

"The price of an object should not only be what you had to pay for it, but also what you've had to sacrifice in order to obtain it." - The Wisdom of The Internet

#3 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:26

Personally I would leave your pen exactly as it is and buy something else, you are likely to do more harm than good.

Straight roads do not make skilled drivers

#4 Mr.Rene

Mr.Rene

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,614 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:31

Greetings Usk15,

the nib in your pen is friction fit, you have to pull out to be removed.

Regards,

René.

#5 Paul80

Paul80

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,503 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:43

Or if its been in there from new, it will probably need to be Knocked out, at all depends on how tight it is v how strong your grip is.

But as others have said, as you are in the UK and these pens don't have a high value in the UK go on ebay and pick up another pen with the correct nib, it will be cheaper than having your nib ground finer and you will have a pen to sell to fund the new purchase if you need to.

English Aerometic Duofolds rarely sell for more than £30 on eBay UK and often a lot less, the button filler versions sell for a bit more but not much, the New Style Duofolds (NS) are not as sort after as the flat top ones.

Paul

#6 usk15

usk15

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,549 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2014 - 17:20

Thank you everybody for quick reply!

I don't want to sell/buy another one(it's not worth..), I will not send it to a nibmeister, probably after drying out I will soak it and try to replace the nib. Does anybody know a good fine nib where to buy? At least what size...or what should I look for?

#7 usk15

usk15

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,549 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2014 - 14:44

After soaking the section for 24 hours I manage to pull the nib and feed out, by holding them with a piece of robber. Be careful when you do that to not break the breath tube!

Now I want to know what nib I need to buy, because I don't have a clue. Like in my first post I'm looking for a fine firm nib (probably steel), no matter the manufacturer. Also where to look for this nibs, where they are for sale?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, duofold, aerometric

Sponsored Content

|