The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Blue-Blacks Continued! Dr. Inkenstein Tests Night Sapphire And Others

hero 359 diamine denim chesterfield night sapphire

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,246 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:14

Continuing with our blue-black mania, Dr. Inkenstein reviews two new blue-black inks, and casually tosses in a third for contrasts sake.

11862694625_f028e54729_z.jpg

The Chesterfield Night Sapphire, we are told, is made by Diamine. There is a rumor going around that every ink on the planet is actually made by Diamine, but we can neither confirm nor deny. Fountain pen forum consensus says Night Sapphire is really Diamine Blue-Black. In pursuit of Ink Truthiness, Dr. Inkenstein will one day have to attain a DBB sample, and test them side-by side. Just not today.

NS shows the teal undertones we are craving, and comes VERY close in color, hue, and intensity to the far-more-expensive Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo (coming up in a casual review of the Pilot Metropolitan).

The Hero ink was a pleasant surprise. Less green than the Night Sapphire, it is still a shade-y, flow-y blue-black that does not cost a fortune. Six of these carts came packed in with my first Hero Summer Colors. Unfortunately, I have no idea where to get more. Probably fleabay. Ink and pen are made for one another, and I find myself grabbing it all the time to make quick notes or write letters.

Diamine Denim is loaded in one of Dr. Is pens at all times, in this case, a Platinum Preppy. Theres little shading, but great flow, and the color is a suave, understated, medium denim. It leans more gray than either Night Sapphire or Hero, but if you are obssssessssssed, I mean, INTERESTED, in blue-blacks, you need all sorts of hues.

Coming soon to a blog near you: Pilot Metropolitan teamed with Tsuki-yo; and Fat Nib Shootout.

Sponsored Content

#2 ethernautrix

ethernautrix

Be the Pen Posse you want to see in the world.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:33

The Chesterfield Night Sapphire is pretty. I think I had a sample of this, but maybe it was a different Chesterfield blue (blue-black).

It looks similar to Waterman Bleu Mystere. Does it dry to a pretty teal?

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

#3 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,246 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:38

The Chesterfield Night Sapphire is pretty. I think I had a sample of this, but maybe it was a different Chesterfield blue (blue-black).

It looks similar to Waterman Bleu Mystere. Does it dry to a pretty teal?

I know that scans can be inaccurate, but CNS is slightly less green and darker than teal.

What did Waterman Bleu Mystere used to be called? Is it the old blue-black? I have Waterman Blue-Black in a MB 32 and it's a bit less green than CNS.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hero 359, diamine denim, chesterfield night sapphire

Sponsored Content

|