The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Q: Eyedropper Pens: O-Rings Necessary? Source?

eyedropper o-rings

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 anup

anup

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 18:16

Thanks, Anup :)

I count 10 threads on the section of the slimmer pen, and 12 (maybe 13) on the section of the green & black ebonite pen. Maybe that's the secret to making the joint non-leaking -- lots of turns on the thread.

(Also, I find it interesting that the slimmer pen has coarser threads. Maybe it's molded, where the other pen has threads that are cut?)

The green ebonite is handmade whereas the plastic one is moulded. The internal diameter of barrel at point of threading of ebonite is 10 mm and that of plastic one is 5 mm

For actual size of the ebonite FP see the pics at:

http://www.fountainp...sed-by-asapens/

and

http://indiapoint.ne...ain-pen-review/

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

Sponsored Content

#22 duncsuss

duncsuss

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 18:27

Thanks again :)

Duncan Suss

Facebook: FruitOfTheLathe

#23 AD64

AD64

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 21:06

Hi folks,

I just found this forum today. I'm new to making eye droppers and thus far really like making them and using them.

I had questions about where to source o-rings as well. I posted some details that I discovered about o-rings for eye droppers in another eye dropper thread, with photos, which you can find here. I hope the info is helpful.

Thus far, I've converted four pens into eye droppers: one Preppie and three Pilot Petit1s. Next on my list is a Noodler's Ahab that needs some work (it was gifted to me as a PIF pen to tinker with). I really do like eye droppers.

Oh, and I got in on the Ranga 8 group buy of lovely eye droppers from India. I'm still waiting for that one to arrive.

Best,

AD

#24 GW_Pens

GW_Pens

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 May 2016 - 14:58

ACE Hardware has a decent selection of O-rings if there are any near you.

-John
Take time to stop and ink

#25 duncsuss

duncsuss

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 16:23

Thanks to fellow pen-maker John Albert for sharing the o-rings he uses when he makes eye-droppers: 6mm OD, 4mm ID. They stretch over the 9mm threaded tenon I normally use when I make sections, making them a bit thinner than the 1mm unstretched thickness. Works perfectly so far.

I got some on eBay from Zoro Tools, type 1RHZ3.

Duncan Suss

Facebook: FruitOfTheLathe

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eyedropper, o-rings

Sponsored Content

|