Toronto 2014 Meet Up Dates

saskia_madding

So I talked to saskia_madding and it makes sense to change the date for the April meet to Saturday April 19th. I booked backroom at fox and fiddle. 280 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M5S 3B6 at 11:00am. The name is under "Jay" incase you are asked.

awesome... thanks man...

is h1n1 a new ink or something :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bluejay

• Mags

• Cyber6

• raging.dragon

Thanks.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Does any selling take place at the pen meets? I have a few pens that I am thinking of selling. Thought I might go local before posting them on on the classifieds.

Okay, here goes:

Lamy 2000: medium nib | flawless wet writer | 9/10 | asking $100

Aurora Optima red with an italic nib | clear ink window great condition 9/10 | asking $300

Pelikan M805 Silver Trim medium nib | fine micro wear from use 7/10 | asking $300

Pelikan Piazza Navona M620 medium nib | 9/10 | asking $350

Montblanc 146 medium nib | 6/10 used as daily writer | asking $300

I also have a few that I don't know how to price out yet

Parker Duofold Chocolate pinstripe medium nib

Waterman Serenite medium nib

Waterman Exception medium nib with surface wear medium nib.

Conway Stewart Churchill in Charcoal LE 168/500: great italic nib

Montblanc Hebert von Karajan LE medium nib: very little use 9/10

Also have:

Pelikan Sahara M620 with a medium nib

Visconti Travelink ink pot

OMAS 75 Paragon HT (small size) with a medium nib

Discoverd that Lamy 2000 is a fine instead of a medium. See you guys Saturday.

Edited by wil

I see that you will be having a meeting on July 19th. I am trying to arrange to be in Toronto between 16th - 20th July. If I am still welcome I would like to come to your meeting.

Can we have a confirmation where this meet will be on Sat April 19. ?

I know Saskia wants us to come to CAMH to pick up the paper ordered.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

The paper is here! This is great news indeed. I was not going to attend but I will come over to pick up the paper.

Scrawler - it'll be great to see you again. I will be looking forward to it.

Salman

Can we have a confirmation where this meet will be on Sat April 19. ?

I know Saskia wants us to come to CAMH to pick up the paper ordered.

I understood Bluejay made a reservation at the Fox and Fiddle for 11 AM

Edited by BadHobbit

I see that you will be having a meeting on July 19th. I am trying to arrange to be in Toronto between 16th - 20th July. If I am still welcome I would like to come to your meeting.

You'd most definetly be welcome.

I understood Bluejay made a reservation at the Fox and Fiddle for 11 AM

Yes.

I wasn't part of the paper buy, but arrangements for picking up paper may be different from the meet itself - I doubt Saskia wants to carry around multiple reams of paper!

Not sure but it may be just darn convenient if we met at CAMH for paper pick up and pen chat. I will try to be at CAMH for 11.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Not sure but it may be just darn convenient if we met at CAMH for paper pick up and pen chat. I will try to be at CAMH for 11.

Can we get a confirmation one place or the other, I have to get to Laywines and the MB Boutique so if it's Fox and Fiddle I'll be there, if it's at CAMH I can't make this month!

Yes.

I wasn't part of the paper buy, but arrangements for picking up paper may be different from the meet itself - I doubt Saskia wants to carry around multiple reams of paper!

My understanding was Fox and Fiddle. My apologies if I am making this confusing... I am in the middle of moving and I am not sure if it was agreed CAMH or Fox Fiddle. I also don't think Saskia wants to carry paper around. CAMH seems to be the logical choice.

If paper pick up and pen meet are two different places, then I will have to choose paper pick up.

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I will check back to see what is decided.

Check the new April meet thread by Saskia

The meet is at CAMH :o

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/264966-toronto-april-2014-meet/?do=findComment&comment=2964277

(Sorry if you already know this :unsure: )

Thanks for letting us know. Without your update here (and the resultant email notification), I wouldn't have have noticed the new thread, would've gone to the Fox and Fiddle, and been left wondering why nobody showed up.

Edited by raging.dragon

Great seeing you guys today. Sorry I had to dash quickly as had lunch plans to make. Thanks Simone for managing the paper buy and see you all soon.