The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Help Me Decide

noodlers think ahab

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 blindwally

blindwally

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2014 - 13:50

Hello All,

I'm in the mood for a purchase...it's -15 F here Minneapolis and I need a little something. Nothing over the top, just a treat. I stumbled upon a lessor know brand, THINK - they have a some very eye-catching designs but not a lot is know. Most feedback is good. We're talking less than $40 here. Then again I don't own an Ahab or a Konrad yet (we all know about what those cost)... I can even get an extra nib, in the event Flex just isn't my cup of tea.

So there it is... an unknown - THINK or the much-discussed Ahab and Konrad.

Thoughts? 

Here's the THINK model I was considering....$T2eC16J,!)8E9s4l5-79BR3HUpV-fw~~60_57.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 heymatthew

heymatthew

"All your base are belong to us."

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2014 - 14:12

Anybody can pick up an Ahab or Konrad... I've got some of each. I'd go for the Think. It's not well known, but it can't be any worse than a number of other $40 pens out there. Looks nice, too. I say go for it! Do these have a flexy nib on them? I couldn't tell from anything I saw online. 

No, that's not blood. That's Noodler's Antietam.

#3 blindwally

blindwally

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2014 - 14:16

Anybody can pick up an Ahab or Konrad... I've got some of each. I'd go for the Think. It's not well known, but it can't be any worse than a number of other $40 pens out there. Looks nice, too. I say go for it! Do these have a flexy nib on them? I couldn't tell from anything I saw online. 

I'm assuming it comes with a standard medium. It sounds as if people don't love the Think nibs but don't hate them either. 

#4 heymatthew

heymatthew

• Member - Gold

• 828 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2014 - 14:17

I'm assuming it comes with a standard medium. It sounds as if people don't love the Think nibs but don't hate them either. 

Meh... Go with the Think. If you hate the nib, you can always pick up one of the Goulet nibs for it, which I've read are very nice. 

#5 TheGreatRoe

TheGreatRoe

Antique

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Location:Alpha Quadrant, Sector 001, Earth, USA, North Carolina, Hillsborough
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2014 - 14:27

As it happens last night I bought a Think pen from the very same seller you're looking at.  I got the green because I don't have a green pen, and I do have a couple orange and several blue (the other colors from this seller).

I figured for $40 I'm more in the mood to explore something new, and at the very least it's an attractive pen.

So I guess my answer to your question should be obvious.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog  |  My Creative Writing Blog  |  My Heraldry Designs

crestdr.png?w=100

#6 Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David

Go Blue!

• Member - Gold

• 1,038 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:11

ummm.  I just did a search here on FPN.  Came up with 10 pages of references to THINK pens....  didn't take the time to read them though.  Might be a useful exercise?

Moshe ben David

"Behold, He who watches over Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps!"

#7 impossiblebird

impossiblebird

Everything stops for tea

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2014 - 15:24

Here's the THINK model I was considering....attachicon.gif$T2eC16J,!)8E9s4l5-79BR3HUpV-fw~~60_57.JPG

That's a nice looking pen; how is it when I look up Pelikan Th.Ink all I find is something that looks like this

#8 heymatthew

heymatthew

• Member - Gold

• 828 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2014 - 15:26

That's a nice looking pen; how is it when I look up Pelikan Th.Ink all I find is something that looks like this

Pelikan doesn't make the Think. Think is a sub-brand of Krone (I think)... Who'd have thunk Pelikan would make a Think of their own? 

#9 Mesu

Mesu

Searching for the perfect blue ink..

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 17:39

I have Think Nebula in Lobster and Irish Green. Both are good writers and smooth.

#10 impossiblebird

impossiblebird

Everything stops for tea

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:12

Pelikan doesn't make the Think. Think is a sub-brand of Krone (I think)... Who'd have thunk Pelikan would make a Think of their own? 

D'oh!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noodlers, think, ahab

Sponsored Content

|