The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

PFM Demonstrators

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 siang

siang

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:50

Hi,

I been trying to get hold of Sheaffer PFM demonstrators for my dad collections. Does anyone know where to find it? Or anybody want to sell?

Sponsored Content

#2 Guest_PeteWK_*

Guest_PeteWK_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2007 - 14:16

QUOTE (siang @ Feb 20 2007, 10:50 AM)
Hi,

I been trying to get hold of Sheaffer PFM demonstrators for my dad collections. Does anyone know where to find it? Or anybody want to sell?

Hi Siang. I don't see them very often on eBay. Plus they've been selling lately for over 1000 dollars U.S. (mint, I think). Even lesser demonstrators sell for a substantial premium over their standard cousins. I have a Balance demonstrator (not for sale) that cost me 6 times what I would have expected to get the regular pen for. I hope this hasn't dampened your interest. They're rare pens and worth the effort and money.

I should say that I'm going to be listing a Balance Demonstrator on eBay today for a friend. I'll post a picture on this thread in a minute.

PeteWK

EDIT HERE - I'll go ahead and start a new thread rather than hi-jacking yours. Good luck on your search!

Edited by PeteWK, 20 February 2007 - 14:46.

#3 Nikolaos

Nikolaos

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 15:28

hi Siang,

a very beautiful set FP and BP sold on the UK ebay a few months ago for about 900GBP. I was bidding on it till about 600$ but then it got a bit out of control. tongue.gif They don't come up very often
Nikolaos

#4 meanwhile

meanwhile

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 21:27

Yes. You'll definitely have to budget £1000 for this even buying on ebay. From a store... I don't want to think.

Sigh. I really must go and have another look at my NOS PFM 1. I bought it as a user, but it now it seems like sacrilege...

- Jonathan

#5 david i

david i

Museum Piece

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 21:36

i've seen couple trade hands at pen shows in nice shape in the $600-800 range, but Demos do seem hotter of late.

david

#6 Snorkel

Snorkel

Pugna mihi - pugna meus nibs!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 21:44

Siang, if you persevere and get the word out to dealers at pen shows, you will eventually find one for sale. Just don't plan on picking it up for a song. I have watched several auctions in the UK and bidding gets pretty fierce. Definitely not for the timid.
cool.gif
Good luck!
Snorkel

Edited by Snorkel, 21 February 2007 - 21:47.

"Demonstrator" - a graphic example of bare, naked penography

#7 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• 2,537 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:38

Please no trading on the discussion board. Please use the market boards for that.

Thanks!

#8 Vintagepens

Vintagepens

David Nishimura

• Member - Gold

• 2,530 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 20:24

Not sure that "better late than never" applies here. Would think that FPN would automatically lock threads after a while -- and certainly after ten years!

Please no trading on the discussion board. Please use the market boards for that.

Thanks!

#9 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• 2,537 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2017 - 20:53

Not sure that "better late than never" applies here. Would think that FPN would automatically lock threads after a while -- and certainly after ten years!

Hi, David, there was a very recent post that I hid. I wanted to make the point by leaving a note.

Thanks

Sponsored Content

|