Poor Ebay Transaction

betweenthelens

Thank you, eckiethump, Fabienne and Cyber6. Yes, you did tell me, Cyber! ;)

The pens are beautiful and I do believe I'm once again a sumgal!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• betweenthelens

• Ursus

• tmenyc

• Cyber6

There have been several times lately that I have ordered pens from SE Asia and had to open an 'item not received' dispute with ebay/paypal to keep my options open, or the 40 day delivery grace period to get a refund would've expired. In all but one case the items -did- eventually arrive.

Out of those cases I opened... two sellers just refunded the payment right away and I had to repay them when the items showed up a couple weeks later.

Generally I've been really happy with my experiences shopping on ebay, but I don't buy high ticket items. If I were going to pay more than $300-400usd, I'd either go through the forum marketplace, buy from a brick or mortar store or go by peoples' recommendations and experiences with trusted ebay sellers.

I see items on ebay, high ticket luxury goods (I used to be a jeweler long long ago in a galaxy far far away) and I just *cringe* knowing that -someone- is getting taken for a ride.

I trust my expertise to spot fake jewelry (at least when I get it in my hands)... I definitely wouldn't know a fake designer bag, shoe or piece of clothing if I got smacked in the head with it. I'd give my odds of spotting a fake pen (again, if it were in my hands) at least 50/50. Other than that, all bets are off.

Oh, and I actually got fake NAIL POLISH on ebay. That's right.. people are literally out there faking nail polish. (This was OPI brand, and a special limited edition). *sigh*

Scammers abound.

Hi Annie. I've bought high ticket items on ebay but I've trusted the sellers based on their reputation from other sources and feedback. I also know there would be little chance of the items I've bought being faked (not pens or jewelry). I don't think I'd buy a Montblanc or Pelikan from ebay unless I could be certain they were authentic. I'd prefer to buy from an FPN seller here in the classifieds or at a brick and mortar establishment.

Fake nail polish? Really? Was the quality comparable or is that how you knew it was a fake?

Guess what? Almost a month to the day the pens were shipped, they've arrived.

Nice.. Congratulations on being a sumgai again :)

Oh, and I actually got fake NAIL POLISH on ebay. That's right.. people are literally out there faking nail polish. (This was OPI brand, and a special limited edition). *sigh*

Scammers abound.

Fake nail polish!! Now that's a first.

Guess ebay is never out of surprises :rolleyes:

GEAUX Saints!!! Great win!!!

Oh, sorry. I share your enthusiasm there.

Happy to hear you have your pens and I hope that you will want to share a review perhaps?

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

it is disappointing yes, most likely he wished he had received some more money; however he seems like a decent enough man in that he refunded you and at least did not try and scam, or keep the money and send nothing so i think that should be commended.

oh they arrived what a nice gentleman!!! that is excellent! teach me for not reading the entire thread!

Thank you, Mesu! ;)

Right, Fabienne? Now, we have to worry about the 12th Man in Seattle. :( Fingers crossed we'll prevail here. I guess Pierre Thomas is out for that one and now what about Keenan Lewis? I will definitely review my latest French pens. Right now, they're getting a good cleaning! Thank you for your enthusiasm on all accounts!

Thank you again, Sham69. It's getting to be a rather long thread but I suppose it will be relegated to the end of the section soon since the issue has been resolved. Now, I'm waiting on another French pen but it's coming from New Mexico! Whew! lol

Edited by betweenthelens

Congratulations! I'm so glad that the story had a happy ending!

And by the bye, I like your new picture! For a photographer it must be something special to take a picture like that - after all, it's a funny little genre of photography compared to the work you otherwise do (I just took a look at your home page).

Best regards, and until the next exciting pen drama :)

Ursus

In the photo, it seems as though the feed is missing on the TOP pen, did both pens arrive in complete condition with feeds and all?

Thanks so much, Ursus, on all accounts. Much appreciated.

Tadeusz, both pens arrived in good condition and both have intact feeds. The Bayard has an accordion sac filler and the VisorPen2000 has what looks to be an eyedropper filling system. I need to use a shim on the Bayard's feed as I think it may have an obstruction but both nibs write beautifully.