Pay It Forward 2014

zoniguana

Since you're out already, I'm not answering your questions.

I'm out too so I won't ask questions, however, I think it would be really helpful for others if you did another one of those summaries that you had with the Q&As

Lamy Al-star Blue (M) - Caran d'Ache Carbon Black

Parker 95 (M) - Iroshizuku Chiku Rin

Cult Pens by Kaweco (mini) - J. Herbin Eclat de saphir

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• amberleadavis

• KBeezie

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys and Dolls?

Those are different pens, they have white dots. The nib section is shorter and wouldn't fit the mystery pen. They're look-alikes though but no white dots.

fpn_1434850097__cocursive.jpg

Is it a Sheaffer Touchdown?

No Touchdown, only cartridge or converter.

Edited by Pincel

I'm out too so I won't ask questions, however, I think it would be really helpful for others if you did another one of those summaries that you had with the Q&As

The OP has ended further questionings. I'm in different time zone (pacific time). I'm going to bed. The pen could be found here: http://sheaffertarga.com/No-nonsense/No-Nonsense%20ref%20list.html

Hopefully someone will guess it right when I wake up.

Edited by Pincel

I am afraid I don't know much about what nibs would go in what, or families of pens, so I am going to go for red marble and Old Timer - Zig Zag

Writing and typing with the help of cats

The OP has ended further questionings. I'm in different time zone (pacific time). I'm going to bed. The pen could be found here: http://sheaffertarga.com/No-nonsense/No-Nonsense%20ref%20list.html

Hopefully someone would have guess it right when I wake up.

Ok.. unless I read something wrong...

1. Same family as Vintage and Old Timer

2. Not a Guys and Dolls

That leaves only a Stainless Steel...

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Is the pen a (Silver/ Plain) Stainless Steel Sheaffer Nononsense? :)

Edited by Jdp2496

Is it a red stainless steel No Nonsense?

(Here's hoping. Red would be awesome. Go big or go home!)

Edited by whitedot

Is it the Blue Stainless Steel No Nonsense ?

Edited by Timeline

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange.png

We have a winner!

The accounting firm Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited has confirmed that Jdp9426 is the winner.

Posted Today, 07:10

John was the first to give it a shot via PM, Sent Yesterday, 13:18:

I am a 17 year old high school senior and I've recently become absolutely enamored with fountain pens. I've mustered up enough money to a Lamy Safari and a Joy with a 1.5 italic for calligraphy as well as a bottle of Private Reserve Avacado. I haven't been able to stop writing since I picked up my first fountain pen. I actually enjoy it now and I find myself writing a ton more simply because I love using these.

John P. :)

Congratulations John! PM me for your shipping address and I'll mail your Sheaffer Nononsense "Flighter".

Ben R

Congrats Jdp9426! Thanks to Pince for the fun PIF.

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange.png

We have a winner!

The accounting firm Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited has confirmed that Jdp9426 is the winner.

Posted Today, 07:10

John was the first to give it a shot via PM, Sent Yesterday, 13:18:

I am a 17 year old high school senior and I've recently become absolutely enamored with fountain pens. I've mustered up enough money to a Lamy Safari and a Joy with a 1.5 italic for calligraphy as well as a bottle of Private Reserve Avacado. I haven't been able to stop writing since I picked up my first fountain pen. I actually enjoy it now and I find myself writing a ton more simply because I love using these.

John P. :)

Congratulations John! PM me for your shipping address and I'll mail your Sheaffer Nononsense "Flighter".

Ben R

Congratulations to the winner however didn't you state you wanted people to post here not PM.

Surely wouldn't that make the winner illegible.

I'm not bitter or anything but just raising a question. But you did choose a rightful winner.

Congratulations to the winner however didn't you state you wanted people to post here not PM.

Surely wouldn't that make the winner illegible.

I'm not bitter or anything but just raising a question. But you did choose a rightful winner.

top pen:

The ellipses (...) at the end led to.

"Now time to play the game:

Is it a fountain pen. (ha)

So if we ask "Is it a pencil" or something that the answer to is no, then we lose? Correct?"

I asked to make sure that I understood the rules correctly. I then, in another message asked him it was a pen made by an American company (i.e. Sheaffer). He replied with yes. (As shown below) And then I asked if it was made by Sheaffer and he posted the answer on this thread, publicly. The questions highlighted in red are the questions I asked in PM. Then, after I went to sleep, the posts came rushing in around 5 in the morning for me. I then posted on the thread in the morning:

I'm changing the rules of engagement. It's now free for all. Three strikes you're out. You may ask all 3 questions in one post but if you get 3 "NO" answers you're out; if you get 1 or 2 "NO", you could stil ask another question later on.I didn't expect some would PM me for the Y/N questions. I wanted everyone to see all the questions and my answers, so everyone could zero in to the identity of the mystery pen.

So far the questions (and my answers) have been:

I'm gonna start off with a wild guess because I can - Is it a Parker 51?

No, it's not a Parker 51. I'm not giving away my Plum.

Is it not Japanese?

No, not Japanese. I don't have a Nakaya.

Is it made by an american Brand?

Yes, used to be American.

Does the brand or model name have at least 1 "e"?

Yes.

Can you buy a vowel before choosing a consonant? Alex, could we get a ruling?

I don't know, I'm not Alex. Let Alex answer it.

Is it a pen made by an American company? (i.e Sheaffer)

Yes, Sheaffer has more than 2 "e"s.

Is it a Pelikan M800?

No, you're not paying attention.

I think it's a Parker 61.

That's not even a question and you're not paying attention either.

So the pen is made by Sheaffer?

Yes, how did you guess that?

Enough, I think we have enough clues. For those who got a strike, I'm issuing a clemency. All scores are reset to zero, Please don't PM me or post your questions somewhere. Post them here only (and only in this thread) so everyone could see. Wait for my answers to the questions before you ask another. Wait for your turn. Good luck!

Sorry if there may have been a misunderstanding. In the original post, I was not sure if Ben wanted the questions posted on PM'ed, so I chose to send him a message to be safe. They were available for everyone else to see nearly immediately after I asked and the rules were revised. I apologize for any confusion, it was not my intention to cause any.

I'm editing this to add a screenshot of the PM if anyone had questions. Sorry.http://s27.postimg.org/opntn7e5f/2014_01_03_02_12_36_pm.png

Edited by Jdp2496

New Year, New PIF

Parker Jotter Fountain Pen Brand New in packaging.

Black barrel, silver coloured cap, medium nib.

To go to a New Fountain Pen User or a Student who can't afford a new pen.

I'll throw in a converter, some ink and paper samples too.

Members may apply on behalf of a deserving person as I realise such people may not be members (yet).

No previous winners of my (or any other) PIFs please.

fpn_1359893983__214a-ghzsal.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop