Pay It Forward 2014

zoniguana

DAY-TIMER/FILOFAX STYLE PERSONAL ORGANISER

For this PIF I am offering my hardly used and very well cared for, Day-Timer Organiser. This is the Personal size, so a bit smaller/narrower than A5. The inserts sheets are approx. 95mm x 165mm. Standard size Filofax/W H Smith and other inserts will fit this organiser. You can buy a hole punch if you want to use your own paper.

It's made of beautiful top quality, soft black leather, and is fully zipped around to protect the contents. It will be supplied empty.

It is the largest capacity in this size, and the standard 6-ring configuration provides plenty of room for lots of refill pages and inserts. The depth of the organiser is at least 2cm so can take extra bits and bobs as well as the inserts. The organiser has 2 pen loops, big enough to take a large pen (see pic showing a TWSBI 580 in the right hand loop).

On the right side there is a slot (top and bottom) to take a top glued notepad. On the left hand side there is a full length open gusseted pocket, a zipped secure pocket, another open pocket in front of that and various slots for business cards, travel cards etc.

Although this is a used item it is a beautiful organiser.

This PIF is open to everyone, worldwide. Entry is via PM to me. Please add a few lines about why you’d like this organiser or what you'd use it for. I will pay the shipping.

The PIF will close at 7pm (BST) Friday 9th May

fpn_1398169323__dt1.jpg

fpn_1398169367__dt2.jpg

This is a fantastic PIF, thanks for offering it.

www.thepenandinkwell.com @ inkwellpens

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• amberleadavis

• KBeezie

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The quoted content has been excised from this thread.

Completely disagree. Not all PIFs relate to (in)ability to afford an item. And if you think that PIFs are about charity then IMO you've completely misunderstood people's motivation. To be honest I don't have the time to play PIF games, fun though they might be, and I've never had problems with lack of participants either.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Each to his/her own. I like to give things away to those who might not be able to get them themselves, others may want to set up games.........whatever, I don't mind.

I will have another Pen Wrap PIF this weekend. :)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

The quoted content has been excised from this thread.

Hi Gunga... your enthusiasm is very much appreciated, but the only existing rule with PIF's is that the giver makes the rules.

I never thought of it as charity.... and I do like to give my PIFs to students and people with a limited budget for nice pens and paper. My only motivation is to share the experience a nice pen, ink or paper can bring.

On one occasion, I open a PIF to only PIF-givers... I was giving away a whole set of Toucan ink samples (only available in Australia) and I knew it was not about financial means, but the ability to acquire it from Australia (they don't ship outside AU and NZ).

I personally think is unfair for the same people to keep winning again and again... so I make my PIF open to people who have not won anything in the last 6 months. Also, to encourage board participation (and to discourage multiple accounts....) I asked participants to at least have 30 posts.

Those are usually my rules and I feel quite comfortable with them. Someone else might enjoy playing games and someone else might love to have the same people winning multiple times... and that is fine too. Some might even charge for shipping.... and that is totally acceptable too. In summary, you run your PIF anyway you want to.. and we'll do the same. ;)

C.

Edited by dcroe05

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Each to his/her own. I like to give things away to those who might not be able to get them themselves, others may want to set up games.........whatever, I don't mind.

I will have another Pen Wrap PIF this weekend. :)

Exactly what I think. I'd much rather PIF something to a fellow student who may only have 3 or 4 pens to his name then someone who has a pen chest full of Mon't-Blanc's, Viscontis and S.t. Duponts. Because I know which of two would appreciate my PIF more.

Also hopefully I will do another PIF myself with in the next month I just need to finding something nice to offer and for my exams to be over.

So I think know will only offer to PIF to participants who are only School to Undergrad level only because of this.

Edited by top pen

This is me with my Moderator hat on.

I have cleaned up the thread a bit, to remove a couple of rants, berating people about how they choose to handle their PIF giveaways. This thread is allowed by the Admin team, with the understanding that as long as there is not selling going on, whoever is giving something away has the right to determine the method.

If you don't like their method, then don't participate. Insulting other members will not be tolerated and will result in removed posts, warning, or bans.

I'd like to be clear that most of the people in this thread are behaving just fine.

Now let's get back to PIFing nicely.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

I'm getting some Chinese/Oriental Fabric next.........

Would definitely be interested in Oriental fabric. Could you PM me when you get it, or should I keep an eye out on Etsy? Where in Cardiff do you call home?

Gunga: You haven't announced who won your PIF.

Portia Of Belmont: I think your next PIF should be for the little cutie who is your avatar!

fpn_1384974038__image.jpg

This is my cutie, who is eight in June and the master of my house - Winston Churchill II.

Edited by Sinistral1

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

I have a pen I would like to PIF but am having trouble uploading a picture of it. Any ideas? Can it be done via iPad or need to be done on a PC?

I've checked the help posts on here but am still struggling. I'm not great with these things...... If not successful I can always just describe it with a link to picture?

Portia Of Belmont: I think your next PIF should be for the little cutie who is your avatar!

Sinistra. That threw me. Does my avatar show a puppy? On my computer it shows me sitting down. If I'm way out in left field then forgive my ignorance or rather, my inability to comprehend what I read. Your pooch is a cutie. I have four pure bred muts and cat and a bull frog that live in the back yard. They developed an understanding the first time the cat tried to bite the froggy. Grady cat pulled back in disgust, and the frog said if you promise not to bite me , I promise not to poison you.

This is my cutie, who is eight in June and the master of my house - Winston Churchill II.

I have one too called Poppy, the same Blenheim colouring. At her happiest sat as close to your face as possible.

Sinistra. That threw me. Does my avatar show a puppy? On my computer it shows me sitting down. If I'm way out in left field then forgive my ignorance or rather, my inability to comprehend what I read. Your pooch is a cutie. I have four pure bred muts and cat and a bull frog that live in the back yard. They developed an understanding the first time the cat tried to bite the froggy. Grady cat pulled back in disgust, and the frog said if you promise not to bite me , I promise not to poison you.

She was talking to two different people, one message to you, hoping to see who you picked as a Winner to your PIF (but as someone else said, even Silence is a form of communication).

The other was to Portia of Belmont on the previous page here : https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/258092-pay-it-forward-2014/page-32?do=findComment&comment=2966860 as she/he has a puppy as his/her avatar.

Edited by KBeezie

Gunga: The avatar comment was for Portia of Belmont, not you!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Would definitely be interested in Oriental fabric. Could you PM me when you get it, or should I keep an eye out on Etsy? Where in Cardiff do you call home?

I will post some pics on the Pen Wrap thread https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/240284-pen-wrap/page-6.

Lisvane.

I have a pen I would like to PIF but am having trouble uploading a picture of it. Any ideas? Can it be done via iPad or need to be done on a PC?

I've checked the help posts on here but am still struggling. I'm not great with these things...... If not successful I can always just describe it with a link to picture?

Go to "Upload" at the top of the page, needs a PC.

Gunga: The avatar comment was for Portia of Belmont, not you!

Well, that's embarrassing.

fpn_1398296971__2untitled.png

These are some of the oriental fabrics I have.

Love the top right one! PM sent.