• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• amberleadavis

• KBeezie

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! Would you happen to have a link for that? I tried some Google searching but "Chan's Handwork" (perhaps unsurprisingly) brings up loads of other things.

I'm getting some Chinese/Oriental Fabric next.........

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

Or this:

d92742900-ac-8777xf8x0600x0450-m.jpg

d92742900-ac-4345xf8x0600x0450-m.jpg

d92742900-ac-7513xf8x0600x0450-m.jpg

His wraps are pricey but they are absolutely exquisite. I don't mind paying for best quality, and these handmade wraps are gorgeous. There is a thread about them somewhere on FPN with some fantastic photos.

EDIT Links added:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/258619-most-beautiful-pen-cases-and-wraps-on-planet-earth/

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/259141-the-great-unboxing/

Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

It's Home!!

Speaking of home, look what arrived at mine. :P

fpn_1398156764__p4220695_1280.jpg

fpn_1398156780__p4220696_1280.jpg

fpn_1398156794__p4220697_1280.jpg

Edit: seems I can easily clip a 5th pen right down the middle of the wrap comfortably when it's rolled up if I want to have a not-so-delicate pen there for easy grab without unrolling the thing. (It's what I'm currently doing with the faber castell BASIC).

Edited by KBeezie

That's fast! Congratulations, and in this picture it looks even more fabulous than in hers... Enjoy!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

DAY-TIMER/FILOFAX STYLE PERSONAL ORGANISER

For this PIF I am offering my hardly used and very well cared for, Day-Timer Organiser. This is the Personal size, so a bit smaller/narrower than A5. The inserts sheets are approx. 95mm x 165mm. Standard size Filofax/W H Smith and other inserts will fit this organiser. You can buy a hole punch if you want to use your own paper.

It's made of beautiful top quality, soft black leather, and is fully zipped around to protect the contents. It will be supplied empty.

It is the largest capacity in this size, and the standard 6-ring configuration provides plenty of room for lots of refill pages and inserts. The depth of the organiser is at least 2cm so can take extra bits and bobs as well as the inserts. The organiser has 2 pen loops, big enough to take a large pen (see pic showing a TWSBI 580 in the right hand loop).

On the right side there is a slot (top and bottom) to take a top glued notepad. On the left hand side there is a full length open gusseted pocket, a zipped secure pocket, another open pocket in front of that and various slots for business cards, travel cards etc.

Although this is a used item it is a beautiful organiser.

This PIF is open to everyone, worldwide. Entry is via PM to me. Please add a few lines about why you’d like this organiser or what you'd use it for. I will pay the shipping.

The PIF will close at 7pm (BST) Friday 9th May

fpn_1398169323__dt1.jpg

fpn_1398169367__dt2.jpg

Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

Gosh, this is beautiful! I researched these last fall, so I know it's value. I ended up investing in a Filofax Malden, and only regret that it is not a zip around like this one. Very nice PIF.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Way cool! I love the gold cord.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Having received some beautiful PIFs recently, here's one from me.

Ratnamson model 15: handmade ebonite eyedropper pen. Brand new, never inked.

Who can enter:

Anyone but i prefer it going to someone who doesn't have an ebonite pen and is curious to try the same.

How to enter

Send me a PM about why you want to try out an ebonite eyedropper pen.

The winner will be picked on April 30th. If there is more than one entry, i will use random.org to pic the winner.

fpn_1398207032__ratnamson_15_olive.jpg

Guest Ray Cornett

DAY-TIMER/FILOFAX STYLE PERSONAL ORGANISER

For this PIF I am offering my hardly used and very well cared for, Day-Timer Organiser. This is the Personal size, so a bit smaller/narrower than A5. The inserts sheets are approx. 95mm x 165mm. Standard size Filofax/W H Smith and other inserts will fit this organiser. You can buy a hole punch if you want to use your own paper.

It's made of beautiful top quality, soft black leather, and is fully zipped around to protect the contents. It will be supplied empty.

It is the largest capacity in this size, and the standard 6-ring configuration provides plenty of room for lots of refill pages and inserts. The depth of the organiser is at least 2cm so can take extra bits and bobs as well as the inserts. The organiser has 2 pen loops, big enough to take a large pen (see pic showing a TWSBI 580 in the right hand loop).

On the right side there is a slot (top and bottom) to take a top glued notepad. On the left hand side there is a full length open gusseted pocket, a zipped secure pocket, another open pocket in front of that and various slots for business cards, travel cards etc.

Although this is a used item it is a beautiful organiser.

This PIF is open to everyone, worldwide. Entry is via PM to me. Please add a few lines about why you’d like this organiser or what you'd use it for. I will pay the shipping.

The PIF will close at 7pm (BST) Friday 9th May

fpn_1398169323__dt1.jpg

fpn_1398169367__dt2.jpg

Great PIF. I still have my planner cover from nearly 20 years ago now and still love it. Back then they would also monogram them for you so mine has an interesting metal monogram. DayPlanner certainly makes quality planner/organizers if mine has lasted this long.

Here'a a PIF...

What is up for PIF?: A Cigar Box/Pen Case with 8 slots. I bought this one a while back from BamaPen. The top has a picture of Van Gogh's Starry Night, and the inside has a detail from the same painting.

Who is eligible?: Please, let's limit this to people who are newer to FPs and need something to hold their pens. U.S. residents only, because I can mail domestic without going to the post office.

When Does it End?: One week from right now. So....Wednesday, April 23rd 19:45 PM EDT

How does one enter?: I want to see your need for storage. Show me (here, not by PM) your homeless pens and their current, unfortunate state of storage.

How do I pick the winner?: Whichever entry/sob story/picture I like best. I have no idea what criteria I will use.

attachicon.gif10252804_10202762677260147_1847769425_o.jpgattachicon.gif10260384_10202762675780110_2140281104_o.jpg

So far, with about 23 hours to go, I have 5 entries:

Jdp2496

Kella

loveyounadal

ellenspn

Imleftyoureright

I'm not posting to remind your guys so much as I am making sure I didn't miss anyone.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

I usually use this to keep track of people (like a post-it note that sync's anywhere)

https://keep.google.com/

I have a nice notebook, with a dot grid, and fountain pen scribbling all over it. But neither solution will go through several pages of posts to make sure I didn't miss someone. ;)

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

Well, you asked for it. The pens I have that did not come in decent boxes, all but two, are relegated to my "spot", ie the one sad corner not owned by my wife or one of our children (don't ask, we have two many). This window faces the laundry room that was added on, so no sunlight. The cookie can holds most, the very sad wrap shows how long it was since I had last used a sewing machine and holds the ones I use often. The inks are vials from bottles I own, the bottles are safely stored away from our youngest, whom I affectionately call "The Beast". I could definitely use the case, and promise it a more prominent place than the window sill.

Paul

post-109411-0-87411200-1398228462_thumb.jpg

"Nothing is impossible, even the word says 'I'm Possible!'" Audrey Hepburn

Congratulations to all winners, I was away, travelling, hands itching to post (*Oh what an addiction FPN has become), so came back today, First thing in office, open FPN and post :P

@alc3261: Those wraps are gorgeous :puddle:

@migo984: That is a great PIF. Trying to find a use for it (so that i can enter, but don't have any :( )

@Mesu: Great pen for someone who has never used an ebonite pen.

Edited by akstorm

Having received some beautiful PIFs recently, here's one from me.

Ratnamson model 15: handmade ebonite eyedropper pen. Brand new, never inked.

Who can enter:

Anyone but i prefer it going to someone who doesn't have an ebonite pen and is curious to try the same.

How to enter

Send me a PM about why you want to try out an ebonite eyedropper pen.

The winner will be picked on April 30th. If there are more than one entry, i will use random.org to pic the winner.

fpn_1398207032__ratnamson_15_olive.jpg

Ratnam pens have a close historical association with the fountain pen industry in India. They are good writers generally. Am sure whoever wins this will enjoy this. The ratnam pens i have are quite big and face the classical burp problem of eyedroppers at low ink level. The smaller pens like this are less prone to that.

Beautiful colors!!

I absolutely agree. It's very nice. My mum is trying to follow your pattern, if it doesn't work out I will definitely be visiting your store.

www.thepenandinkwell.com @ inkwellpens

Speaking of home, look what arrived at mine. :P

fpn_1398156764__p4220695_1280.jpg

fpn_1398156780__p4220696_1280.jpg

fpn_1398156794__p4220697_1280.jpg

Edit: seems I can easily clip a 5th pen right down the middle of the wrap comfortably when it's rolled up if I want to have a not-so-delicate pen there for easy grab without unrolling the thing. (It's what I'm currently doing with the faber castell BASIC).

This is beautiful.

www.thepenandinkwell.com @ inkwellpens