The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Best Ink For A White Pen?

waterman white pen medium nib

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 CharlieTurtle

CharlieTurtle

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:45

i think white pens go best with brighter blue inks or even the subtleness of grey inks.  perhaps Noodler's Ottoman Azure Blue? or maybe Diamine Grey?

I unfortunately struggle writing with grey (including pencil) because of my colour-confusion issues: they all look very, very faint to me. 

Momiji cleans out easily and is quite pretty.

2013-Ink_793.jpg

I have a sample of Momji in my ink box so I might load up the converter when the Waterman's I-Don't-Know-Which-It-Is Blue cartridge runs out

You can spot a writer a mile off, they're the ones meandering in the wrong direction muttering to themselves and almost walking into every second lamppost.

Sponsored Content

#22 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,059 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2014 - 15:49

You might also like a dark green - easy to see - and green's aren't notorious stainers.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#23 CharlieTurtle

CharlieTurtle

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2014 - 23:16

You might also like a dark green - easy to see - and green's aren't notorious stainers.

You wouldn't have one of your lovely written samples of Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-Ryoku, would you?

Edited by CharlieTurtle, 06 January 2014 - 23:16.

You can spot a writer a mile off, they're the ones meandering in the wrong direction muttering to themselves and almost walking into every second lamppost.

#24 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,059 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2014 - 00:00

I've never tried the ink, but if someone sent me a sample, it will be on my website for the 2013 Fade Olympics.  

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#25 e17

e17

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:47

When I was in high school, my white plastic Waterman was filled with red ink. Just regular red cartridges, that said. Nothing too fancy, but the contrast was cool.

note: I though I was the only person concerned with matching in some way the pen body color with ink!  :lol:

#26 CharlieTurtle

CharlieTurtle

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2014 - 13:32

note: I though I was the only person concerned with matching in some way the pen body color with ink!  :lol:

I think a fair few of us at least try to match them, to be honest! It never occurred to me when I only had one pen, but as soon as I got the second, they each took an ink that matched their barrels. Made it easier.

#27 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,059 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2014 - 16:52

When I was in high school, my white plastic Waterman was filled with red ink. Just regular red cartridges, that said. Nothing too fancy, but the contrast was cool.

More of us match than you might think.  

BTW, I love your avatar. 

Welcome aboard.

#28 e17

e17

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:03

:D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: waterman, white pen, medium nib

Sponsored Content

|