Best Ink For A White Pen?

CharlieTurtle

The pen in question is a white Waterman Hemisphere, with a medium nib. The section is black so I'm not too worried about staining while I'm filling. But what do you suggest I fill with?

Until now, I've always had a same-ish colour ink and pen (eg Red Lamy Safari has Skrip Red, Blue Sheaffer 330 has Diamine Denim, etc) but white ink would be... well, silly, for a student.

I considered perhaps pink?

You can spot a writer a mile off, they're the ones meandering in the wrong direction muttering to themselves and almost walking into every second lamppost.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CharlieTurtle

• amberleadavis

• rudyhou

• e17

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would avoid those inks that are notorious for staining (ink is a stain, after all, so that isn't a bad thing). I have never considered getting a white pen, but would probably go with whatever ink has a shade you like and wouldn't be too if it did stain your pen. I would avoid Noodler's Whaleman's Sepia as it looks like used motor oil to me.

Jeffery

In the Irish Channel of

New Orleans, LA

I would say probably say pink or purple too as the pen has a sort of feminine appeal to it.

However personally I never really match inks to pens based on design or colour as it I generally buy the finish of a pen I prefer which is normally a Blue or Green there are only so many blues and greens you can use at once.

A nice Violet which is worth a try is j herbin violette pensee if I recall correctly I think you were the one who mentioned that you could buy tins from waterstones for £2.50, I did and really like it.

black, white and silver pens are beautiful for just that. you can fill them with whatever you want and they always look cool.

I would suggest a purple, a green or a turquoise (waterman inks are just perfect shades)

A deep pink or a burgundy would be nice too (sailor grenade, noodler's burgundy), same goes for a deep dark blue (noodler's navy perhaps?)

edit: since you are a student (and will probably want to use the pen/ink for class notes) i would say go with a green. I have found Parker Quink Green to be easy on the eyes and I can happily read pages and pages of notes without feeling tired at all.

Edited by inotrym

I would say probably say pink or purple too as the pen has a sort of feminine appeal to it.

However personally I never really match inks to pens based on design or colour as it I generally buy the finish of a pen I prefer which is normally a Blue or Green there are only so many blues and greens you can use at once.

A nice Violet which is worth a try is j herbin violette pensee if I recall correctly I think you were the one who mentioned that you could buy tins from waterstones for £2.50, I did and really like it.

It was me, yes, though last time I was in there I couldn't see any. Hmm.

You can spot a writer a mile off, they're the ones meandering in the wrong direction muttering to themselves and almost walking into every second lamppost.

My mum used to have a white Vector and she was happy using Quink Washable Blue with it.

Long reign the House of Belmont.

Hey. Hope your well...Don't do pink. If you're looking for something close, but intriguing; try Noodler's Ottoman Rose. it's a fudcia color...Very unique...It was actually recommended by FPN members when I asked for suggestions for something different than the usual. I'm very happy w/this ink. I've got about 25 inks and wanted something off the charts...I've tried a couple of pinks, and they're all pale and lost on the paper...Take care and let me know how it goes...Regards, Leroy P.S. Attached is a sample of the ink. In reality, it's richer...Just the monitor you know...

post-75169-0-59915400-1388534350.jpg

My first thought for a white pen, before even seeing your post, was pink. :) I have Carnation from the Diamine Flower Set in a white Safari at the moment, and love the combination. :)

Do. Not. Do. This.

Both these inks could badly stain a white pen.

I'm not touching Blue State Blue with a barge poll, trust me! With my luck that would result in a nice blue patch on the carpet.

Anyone got any thoughts on Diamine Hope Pink?

Noodler's Apache Sunset perhaps?

That is the nice thing about white- it goes with every color under the rainbow.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Momiji cleans out easily and is quite pretty.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Red/slides/2013-Ink_793.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Parker Quink Blue would probably be a pretty safe option. Lamy washable inks are also known to be quite stain resistant.

It would be seriously cool if you inked it up with one of the Noodler's invisible inks though (Blue Ghost or Whiteness of the Whale). Certainly not a practical option but that would be slick in a white pen imo.

Enjoy your new pen!!

Waterman Black: classic, well behaved, non staining, beautiful/charming ink.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Anyone got any thoughts on Diamine Hope Pink?

I really like it, but I love pink ink in general, so keep that in mind. I like all the Diamine pinks, really. And Noodler's has some fun ones, though they're more obnoxious. :)

White ink, obviously.

Welcome aboard!!!

I know white ink seems like the choice, but the only fountain safe white ink is just too blue for the pen. Perhaps the wonderful Ghost Blue?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Iroshizuku Kon-Peki looks like a sweet light blue for a white pen. I haven't tried unfortunately.

I love Waterman South Sea Blue (Turquiose) as my lighter ink. I believe it is problem free too.

i think white pens go best with brighter blue inks or even the subtleness of grey inks. perhaps Noodler's Ottoman Azure Blue? or maybe Diamine Grey?

Edited by rudyhou

-rudy-