• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MisterBoll

• idazle

• ethernautrix

• raging.dragon

For me, if I had the cash, it'd be that Nakaya in Brown/Green in a heartbeat! Now that's got soul!

Just sayin'...

Edited by Aquinata

"Ravens play with lost time."

I've never stepped into the Nakaya pool. Are they delicious?

You should try the 1912 Heritage - it was my first montblanc pen. A real treat.

I at least held the 1912 Heritage. I do like the look of it very much. Maybe not the snowcap so much, but I could learn not to notice it if I had to.

Oh, the Nakaya pool... beware the undertow.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I at least held the 1912 Heritage. I do like the look of it very much. Maybe not the snowcap so much, but I could learn not to notice it if I had to.

Oh, the Nakaya pool... beware the undertow.

There's lots about mb pens that can and should be ignored but they can be delightful writers.

I guess I'll scope out the Nakaya waters - with caution.

There's lots about mb pens that can and should be ignored but they can be delightful writers.

One of my favorite Favorite Pens is the Mb 100-Year Historical. I "ruined" the nib, and ever since it has been kindv semi-flex. I love the line variation I can get when I ignore the scritchy-scritchy sounds it makes (which is always).

To get back on topic, between the 1912 and this R. Soul, which would you rather have?

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

To get back on topic, between the 1912 and this R. Soul, which would you rather have?

Since it always good to have more soul (and to make things easier) - BOTH.

I am intrigued by the Romillo nibs, especially the K nib, and the new longer nib on this pen. I like that they have started producing their own nibs, something that most companies, even larger ones don't.

I was able to try a few Romillo pens when they sported Bock nibs and those nibs were OK. Nothing to write home about, but just OK, particularly when compared with the mediocrity of modern nib production, Montblanc included. I wonder if these new handcrafted nibs will provide an althogether different experience and in which direction.

About the piston filling system in the Romillo pens, I once had the chance to try this on a different model, the now discontinued Lando. The piston filler was rather dissapointing in the sense that while you had to turn round the filling knob quite a few times to fill the pen up, the reservoir took rather little ink, not much more than an international converter. Maybe the piston filling system has been completely revamped for this new Soul model. I'll try to find it out and report ;-)

Edited by idazle

Zenbat buru hainbat aburu

It's a roller stopper.

You are right, in the third from top picture I can just make out the dot is raised. So it must act as a stop.

• 2 weeks later...

Gorgeous pen! I'm hoping someone will review it.

On second thought, do I? The photos alone make me want to buy it, if it turns out to be good as well, who knows what will happen to my economy :-)

I'm impressed that such a small maker has the technological ability to both make their own nibs, and piston fillers. It would really be interesting to see how the latter is made - for the price, I'd expect something better than a captive converter!

It is a bit confusing that Pilot has a model (that is near the top of my to-buy list) called the Heritage 912, while Mont Blanc has a Heritage 1912.

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3

Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

It is a bit confusing that Pilot has a model (that is near the top of my to-buy list) called the Heritage 912, while Mont Blanc has a Heritage 1912.

Soon there will be the Heritage 12 and then the Heritage 1.

Collect the whole set.

The idea of a semi-flex BBB has me shivery! And no step to negotiate around. Yum! The big question then comes down to diameter & length. The nib makes me want to...ooooooooooo!

Until Nakaya makes fatter pens that aren't special, special wait forevers, I'm safe.

• 3 months later...

Anyone got one of these soul's yet? Got an eo 9 and the darn thing is so amazing I'm looking to buy the soul now.

• 3 months later...

Nobody would expect the price of a luxury good to reflect plain manufacture costs. But even if you would, I doubt you can find a pen with a handmade 18K gold nib for 150 €, can you?

By the way, gorgeous pen!!!

Yes, I can find for 150 € a lot of fully hand made pens, completely customized to your particular taste, and fitted with an also customized 14K or 18K solid gold, a hand-made nib I mean. A truly one-of-a-kind pen, moreover a real beauty.

Ebonite like Romillo, hand made solid gold nib like Romillo, C/C or eyedropper like Romillo.

But with a grip section thought for use, not like this Romillo´s.

The answer: ask any professional pen turner, some here in Europe (even more closely, in Spain), many more in India.

Romillo does the same thing, but at a 400-600% higher price.

plumista

Edited by plumista

Yes, I can find for 150 € a lot of fully hand made pens, completely customized to your particular taste, and fitted with an also customized 14K or 18K solid gold, a hand-made nib I mean. A truly one-of-a-kind pen, moreover a real beauty.

Ebonite like Romillo, hand made solid gold nib like Romillo, C/C or eyedropper like Romillo.

The answer: ask any professional pen turner, some here in Europe (even more closely, in Spain), many more in India.

plumista

Hesitant about replying to this nonsense. Are we to believe that you can buy an ebonite eyedropper fountain pen sporting a gold nib from an unidentified seller in an unidentified place in Spain and then send it to an unidentified nibmeister in India so that he tweaks it to your taste, and all that for $ 200, shipping costs included?

What I see here is plain ill-will against Romillo for some unidentified reason. Or is it well-known Spanish fraternal envy?

Edited by idazle

Zenbat buru hainbat aburu

Hesitant about replying to this nonsense. So the thing is that you buy an ebonite eyedropper fountain pen sporting a gold nib from an unidentified seller in an unidentified place in Spain and then send it to an unidentified nibmeister in India so that he tweaks it to your taste, and all that for $ 200, shipping costs included.

What I see here is plain ill-will against Romillo for some unidentified reason. Or is it well-known Spanish fraternal envy?

Nonsense? Why and what proof? Thanks,

Post Script

plumista

I guess you could get a handmade gold nib from India. But Indian nibs don't exactly have a stellar reputation.

Modern European, Japanese and Chinese nibs may be hand finished, but they're still mostly made by automated machinery. So Romillo are the only option I know of for high quality modern hand made nibs.

Of course one could fit a nice vintage nib to a modern pen. The older the better if one really wants hand made - I'd guess most nib manufacture would've been at least partially automated before WW2 started.