Where Online Do You Visit The Most When Looking For Pens And Supplies?

wlwilcox

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wlwilcox

• 85AKbN

• OcalaFlGuy

• Lee Wright

Fountain Pen Hospital, 1st time, every time for pens. I have been 100% satisfied with them. Mr. Goulet for paper products.

"Don't start vast projects with half-vast ideas."

Thanks for this forum topic. It's great info for a newb like me!

"The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp." - Terry Pratchet

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1338/hxl1.jpg

Novelli, Pen Gallery & Giardini for pens.I've just got my first delivery from the Goulets and that was as good as I expected based on what I've read here. I may buy more from Goulets but USPS make it hard by gouging for postage. Cult Pens are very good as well

And Justwrite in Brisvegas for inks.

I buy most of my repair supplies from Pendemonium. I've also bought some Sheaffer inks from them too.

They are a great place to find unique desk items (no affiliation).

Parker: Sonnet Flighter, Rialto Red Metallic Laque, IM Chiseled Gunmetal, Latitude Stainless, 45 Black, Duovac Blue Pearl Striped, 51 Standard Black, Vac Jr. Black, 51 Aero Black, 51 Vac Blue Cedar, Duofold Jr. Lapis, 51 Aero Demi Black, 51 Aero Demi Teal, 51 Aero Navy Gray, Duofold Pastel Moire Violet, Vac Major Golden Brown, Vac Deb. Emerald, 51 Vac Dove Gray, Vac Major Azure, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, 51 Vac Black GF Cap, 51 Forest Green GF cap, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, Duovac Senior Green & Gold, Duovac Deb. Black, Challenger Black, 51 Aero Midnight, Vac. Emerald Jr., Challenger Gray Pearl, 51 Vac Black, Duofold Int. Black, Duofold Jr. Red.

For inks I go most often to Goulet Pens. I have also had very good experiences with isellpens.com, and both of them sell supplies and a variety of pens.

For more expensive pens I've really liked Richard Binder, and my one experience with nibs.com (a Nakaya) was excellent; I would buy from either again.

So you wish to buy a new pen and some supplies. Where do you go online the mostfor the biggest selection? I only know of a few but would like to know more without spending too much time surfing.

Fleabay, Goulet, isellpens, Classic Fountain Pens, FPR, jetpens, and sometimes even Amazon.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I used to get ink samples at Goulet too--they still have the best selection, but now I shop at Anderson's pens, since they give you 1 more mL of ink for the same price, which makes a big difference! (isellpens does too). Sometimes jetpens for ink, the bay, and amazon. I like Jon's vintage pens too--great value imo.

1. Fountain Pen Hospital -- especially the Back Room and the Vintage Pen pages for pens; also the 'sale' pens. If I do order and 'need' ;) ink I'll also order from FPH. Great customer service!

Fahrney's; used to go in (I live near DC) but now mostly on-line

Rosetta Pen for cases

Bertram's Inkwell again for used pens; also have gone in person -- not too much of a trek for me.

Art Brown's used to be in the top 3. A moment of respectful mournful silence now please!

Moshe ben David

"Behold, He who watches over Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps!"

Ordering from Israel, I've had excellent experience with Pure Pens/Niche Pens. The pens and ink arrive about a week after the order. They deduct VAT, which helps defray some of the shipping costs. Once a pen got lost in the mail, and they sent me a new one for free.

For pens:

peytonstreetpens.com

eBay.co.uk, .de and .com

For supplies:

wonderpens.ca

seitz-kreuznach.de

gouletpens.com

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

gouletpens

isellpens

jetpens

hisnibs

1011 - hobonichi store

nibs.com/NakayaPortablePage - just looking http://pics3.city-data.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

eta: .fountainpenhospital

Edited by v7ef44

Thanks all for the wonderful posts. You have really made my OCD kick into high gear.

Keep them coming not just for me but for everyone else looking for places to search.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS. I hope everyone stays safe and sound.

Bill W.

Goulet Pens, Jet Pens, eBay (for Chinese pens, mainly), Peyton Street Pens (vintage pens), Stylus Fine Pens (for big ink orders and paper. It's within Canada so it's not as expensive for shipping even if it's a bit heavier), Pure Pens, Stylo, Wonder Pens, and Yozo Craft (they have some very nice fountain pen-friendly notebooks). And Fountain Pen Revolution, which I completely forgot about for some reason.

... yeah, I think that's most of it.

Edited by Avalonia

I'm writing an online serial thing. It's urban fantasy. And I have no idea how long it's going to run for.